"you uhh, feeling a little better?" Eric asked as he approached the thin metal path that stopped them from falling into the chasm.

As they stepped on the path, Eric threw Tris grabbing her hand connecting it with the railing along the metal path. Tris put her other hand on.

"You got three options: hang there and I'll forgive your cowardice, fall and die or give up, but if you give up your out," Eric listed.

Tris strained biting her lip.

Her knuckles turned white as her grip tightened.

Christina and the others came to see what was up, looking at a dangling Tris.

Her hands started to slip as the water of the chasm dripped onto her fingers.

The eerie silence increased the tension in the air.

She wasn't going to last, or was she?

"Time!" Eric bellowed, Christina and Al ran to help while Blair walked off.

She couldn't deal with the pressure.

Her conversation with Tori swimming back to her.

Later that day, they had taken the train to out of the city, by amity.

"We protect every life that lives within this fence without fail. That's why we train you the way we do. To teach you not to give up," as he said the last bit he looked over at Blair who was day dreaming for the billionth time today. Four chuckled shaking his head lightly.

The train came to a stop alerting Blair out of her daydream.

"It's been quiet out here for years, but that could change at any moment. And we need to prepare for when it does," Four stated as they walked towards the fence.

Blair had never been this far out before.

But she loved it, how the sun sat right in the middle of the sky and how the new place sparked an adventure in her. 

They had climbed the stairs and onto the fence, looking at the stretched out green fields that lay below them. Amity was spread out across the fields and crops, farming. 

"What's out there?" Tris asked. 

"Monsters," Christina chuckled. 

"Amity farms," Will and Adrian said in unison. 

"Beyond that?" Blair asked. 

"Places that never recovered from the war," Al spoke this time. 

"Do you know?" Blair asked facing Four, who was stood next to her. 

"Let's just say they built this fence for a reason," Four sighed.

They returned back to dauntless now doing knife practice. 

Blair stood up straight, lining her eyes up with the target before throwing the blade through the air, with a satisfying thump it hit the target.

And again.

And again. 

"wow, your pretty good at this, done it before?" Lilith asked from beside her. 

"No," Blair replied softly. 

Over the few weeks of training her and Lilith became close friends, she liked Lilith, though she was all soppy and sweet and Blair was the complete opposite she saw something in Lilith no one else did, potential. 

Adrian and Lilith liked each other but were too afraid to confess their feelings for each, Blair being the love doctor. 

They both looked to the left to see Will throw another knife towards the target, it bouncing off the floor, again and again and again.