Taken In For Questioning

Start from the beginning

Niall clammed up instantly.  The detectives got in the front seat and drove to the station.  Niall took out his phone and sent a text to Arie.

Niall:  In squad car on way to station.  Be late 4 dinner.

Arie:  WTF DID U DO NOW?? WE'RE ON PROBATION!!! DUMBASS!!!

Niall:  Nothing.  They wanna ask questions.

Arie:  Don't say anything.  I'm calling Louis.

Niall:  Wuv u baby

Arie:  bite me, idiot.

In the station they took Niall into the interrogation room.  Liam and Zayn stood before him.

"Okay," Liam leaned over the table, almost in Niall's face.  "We're not going to beat around the bush.  Are you dealing?"

Niall tried his best to fake the best innocent look he could fake.  "Dealing what? I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about."

"Cut the crap, Horan," Liam demanded.  "You know what we're talking about.  And we know that you know what we're talking about."

"I seriously don't know what you're talking about right now." Niall said.

"Come on, Horan," Zayn interrupted.  "Just tell us the truth.  What do you know about all the pot that's being sold in this town."

"Uh. . ." Niall sat there looking like he was in deep thought.

"Tell us,"  Liam ordered.  "Tell us what you know.  I know that you know something about it."

"Uhh. . ."

"Is it you?" Zayn said.  "Or is it your wife? We know about her too."

"Tell us."  Liam said while standing on one side of Niall.

"Just tell us what you know."  Zayn said standing on Niall's other side.

"Speak, dammit!"

"Talk!"

Before Niall could open his mouth the door burst open and Louis strode in with his briefcase.

"Stop!"  Louis said.  "Don't say another word!"  He moved to Niall's side and put a protective arm around him.  "This is absolute outrage.  Dragging my client in and questioning him for absolutely no reason? I am appalled! What proof do you have that he did any wrong?"

"How about his mile long arrest record for dealing and possession?" Zayn said.  "And that's for starters."

"Meaningless."  Louis said.  "And pure crap.  We don't even know if those charges were true."

"Are you kidding me?"  Liam said, holding up a thick manila folder.  "We have a lovely collection right here of his mugshots and fingerprints.  Plus he'd been caught red handed, three times.  How is he not guilty?"

Louis paused for thought.  "Discrimination!" he shot back.  "How dare you judge my client because of a few pot busts.  Outrageous! My clients are in the Second Chance Project and that's what everyone deserves, a second chance."

"Yeah."  Niall spoke up.  "A second chance.  I deserve it."

"Shut up, Niall, I got this," Louis said.  He stood closer to the detectives.  "I assume you boys know what probable cause is.  It means you have to have some rock solid evidence to bring someone in."

Liam and Zayn looked at each other uneasily.  All they had were their suspicions.  No one had actually seen the Horans dealing or doing anything shady, except for Arie swiping little things from the Styles home.

Louis looked from Liam to Zayn.  "Do you have probable cause? Anyone? Anyone? No? Okay, then."  He patted Niall on the shoulder and he stood.  "Unless you all have probable cause for him to be here, I'll be taking my client and we'll be on out way.  Let's go, Niall."

"Sure," Niall waved.  "Later, dudes."

As soon as they left, Liam kicked the chair Niall was sitting in.  He wished it was Louis's self righteous butt.  "Dammit!"

"That idiot lawyer gets us every time,"  Zayn said feeling frustrated.  "What should we do now?"

"We just keep watching him,"  Liam said.  "I  know the Horans are behind this damned marijuana boost, I just know it.  But that's all right.  They're not that bright, they gotta slip up sooner or later."

"Right, boss.  I'll keep my eye on them." Zayn nodded.

"Nothing gets past me,"  Liam said.  "I'm never wrong."

Meanwhile, outside of the police station, Harry was happily dealing to a couple of policemen.  He was having a great day.

A/N  Hi guys.  Hope you enjoyed the story.  Feel free to take a few minutes to vote and comment. Thanks  and have a great day :)