Taken In For Questioning

A/N  Shoutout to datblonde17 for the cool new cover.

Parking on the street, Liam and Zayn found Niall sitting in the driveway of the Styles residence.

There was a bucket of soapy water and a sponge next to a car but clearly Niall wasn't doing any washing.  Instead Niall was sitting on a stool looking through a magazine while sipping from a metal flask.

"Niall Horan?"  Liam called as they walked up.

As soon as Niall saw the cops he sprayed out his drink.  He jumped up quickly and tossed the magazine aside.  It fell flat open on the driveway revealing a topless woman in a thong.

"That's not mine," Niall stuttered.  "A friend gave me that book.  I was reading the articles.  I was gonna give it back,"  He snatched it up.  "Don't tell my wife."

"Yeah, we don't care about that," Zayn said while they flashed their badges.  "We just want to ask you some questions."

Niall looked from Zayn to Liam and back again.  "Am I in trouble?"

"You will be if you don't cooperate."

Liam said looking stern.  "So it might be in your best interest if you do."

Niall slowly took a couple of steps forward, then he suddenly whirled around and ran in the other direction.

"Aw shit,"  Liam said.  "Let's get him."

They ran after Niall down the rest of the block.  They chased him through a couple of backyards.  Then chased him down an alley.  Then across an intersection into a McDonalds parking lot.

"Help!" Niall wailed.  "Help me!"

"Shut up!" Zayn yelled.

"Help!"

"Get back here, you son of a bitch!" Liam hollered.

"Murderers!" Niall screamed.  "Rape!  Save me!"

"Shut up!"

They caught up to Niall at the Sunnyville park.  Niall tripped over the curb and fell flat on his face into a bed of flowers.  Liam and Zayn each grabbed an arm and lifted him up.

"Police brutality!" Niall wailed.  "Police brutality!"

"Shut the hell up!"  Liam snarled in his face.  "Or so help me I'll take you somewhere far away from here and show you the true meaning of police brutality.  And I can do it too, right Zayn?"

"He's not lying," Zayn responded.  "So I'd advise you to behave."

Niall was quiet for a moment, then continued screaming.  Liam smacked him upside the head.

"Ow!"

"Shut the hell up!"  Another smack upside the head.

"Ow!" Niall wailed.  "Police brutality!"

Smack.  "Here's your police brutality!"  Smack.  Smack.

"Ow!"

If Liam had looked to his right he would have seen Harry in the distance making a sale to a customer. 

Instead the detectives were focused on a squirming, whining Niall as they dragged him to their car.  They threw him in the back seat.

"Help!" Niall screamed.  "I want my lawyer!"

Liam bent over until he was face to face with the howling Irishman.  "Listen to me, you dumbass douche.  Are you gonna shut that pie hole up or do I have to get the taser out on you? Trust me, you will know the true meaning of pain.  Ya feel me?"