united nations [🇺🇳]

[edited: july 1]

It was now around 2010. He, all of the sudden, got invited to visit a place where he surprisingly haven't been: the UN building.

He has met other organizations in the past, he basically did meet the EU due to other reasons, but never the UN. He never had a chance to talk to him, since they both are busy in their own separate ways. It was totally understandable, as the UN manages almost all of the counties of the world.

All of ASEAN's associating countries told him to go to the building, since it seemed "important". They were all encouraging him to go, as it might make him be listed as an official organization, or just anything related to UN in general. He then responded with a "fine, I'll just go" whilst everyone cheered.

Now he's in this position. On the foot of the huge building. Holding some sort of sling bag. Wearing a Barong Tagalog. Feeling nervous in entering the 5 story building.

He stared at the entrance for a little bit and pondered at first on what could happen next. He then entered the building shortly afterwards. He looked around the first floor, it seemed like that there was a reception desk. The decorations around looks like space, literally, with it's dozens of star chandeliers and diamond ones. It really seemed like he was way ahead of its time.

He heard a ding from somewhere behind him. He turned back to see someone who was light blue in color, has a white leaf crown on his head and white enormous wings, bigger than his own. He was about decades older than him as he might've noticed. That must be UN.

He gulped and greeted the higher rank, "Hello, sir."

He felt weird talking to someone who had higher rank than him. He was basically at high standards, sure, but higher than him, which is an organization comprised of 100 countries? He can't just make him call someone an actual person.

"Hello, ASEAN," The higher rank greeted. "I have been expecting you today due to some, important matters."

He didn't know how to respond, so he just maintained eye contact as he nodded, and reached his hand out to him for a handshake. The UN shaked his hand back and backed off.

"Alright, I should bring you to my office for this matter. Please follow," the UN ordered, as he started moving to the direction he just came from. ASEAN followed behind him.

He was directed to a staircase which leaded him to the second floor. He still continued following the UN behind him, and the older organization started giving him a question, which made him, a little nervous.

"You changed your color scheme?"

ASEAN thought. He just noticed it? It had been a while since his 30 year anniversary. Maybe he wasn't really updated?

He spoke, "Err, yeah, everyone hated the old one, including me. Glad to see it change."

"I actually agree, it looked better than your previous one," the UN said as he arrived on the floor and pushed open a red door. ASEAN was confused at the reaction at first but decided to forget it, as he followed him and walked inside.

The floor comprises of office cubicles, a whole lot of them. Some of which were occupied by countries. It felt a little emptier though, because it was a Saturday. Some countries in duty were mainly Belguim, Germany, Japan, Mexico and other people he didn't recognize yet.

UN lead them both to a room by the side, which seemed like the UN's office. UN told him to sit down on a chair on front of his desk, as he grabbed a few documents from a nearby shelf.

The office was cozy, it had loads of wood put into it, in a good position. The browns were clearly seen by the ray of sunlight coming from the window behind the desk, which is overloaded by papers at one side, and having a globe on the other. It looked pretty for an afternoon.

The UN then presented ASEAN with a clipboard which had a paper attached to it. He then stated, "I called you today for you to fill up this form, it will not take a while. If you reject, it's all good."

ASEAN nodded and grabbed the clipboard. He adjusted his glasses and read carefully. The first thing he had read was the following words.

UN Affiliation Form

That title immediately threw the organization off in his head.

They literally just met today. He must've just been told that he existed, probably EU, or one of his members. That was one huge opportunity, that means that he would be called out as a recognized organization.

He continued reading the form, stating some rules and policies he was already familiar with, including one which requires him to "look after" all of the countries associated like a father. It's funny-the entire organization was basically comprised of literally children.

He then stumbled across the place where he needed to sign. His wings closed tremendously behind him. Feeling nervous, he started to ask the world organization.

"Uhm, can I give off some questions for a bit?" he asked, as straight to the point as he can.

UN replied, "Sure, you may."

"What can I get from this? Like- I never been affiliated before, well aside from Europe of course..."

"It's just something that the world could see, if you want you and your organization to be known across the world. We could help you grow too."

"Yeah, but... Why me? I don't think anyone but Asia knows I existed in the first place," he asked.

The UN sighed, and gave off a huge chunk of an answer.

"EU called me a few- about 9 years ago I believe, stating about your existence. He really liked how you handle things as an organization, better than a lot of people in here. You were literally treating your members as a parent, and we really needed that. You were extremely humble and active as well, as a team you have really accomplished a lot. We were observing you from that day onwards, and I think it's time, after 30 years, for you to start being affiliated."

ASEAN looked at the pages once more, scanning just in case he missed a single detail with his fingers tripping on it. This was it, everyone is going to see him. Everyone is going to treat him properly. But... What if people might misjudge him? Thought crumbled in his mind, completely oblivious to what he was going to react.

"Do you like this opportunity?" The UN asked, handing over a ball pen on front of him.

He stumbled across that specific sentence. He then started to think about it for a little bit.

The entire group wants it.

EU probably wants it.

He wants it.

No.

No, not want.

He needed this.

The group might disband quickly if he doesn't.

The group might be disappointed in him if he doesn't.

He won't get any more allies if he doesn't.

There's a less percentage of war if he doesn't.

It was time to make a move.

He grabs the pen and signed the paper. He then gave both the clipboard and the documents back to UN.

The UN nodded and explained thoroughly in Malay, "Saya lihat, anda pergi untuk langkah selamat." [I see, you went for a safe move.]

ASEAN just nodded in response. The UN clapped twice, "Well then, welcome to the UN, ASEAN. We could give you anything you need, thank you for your affiliation."