Ch25

It seems that sneaking out of the country is easier than we thought. Like, a lot easier. Wanda and Pietro have their papers and all that, so all they have to do is buy plane tickets. Something made easy with all the money they've got on behalf of Stark. Wanda purchases an extra seat, and convinces everyone that I'm not sitting there and that it's still empty. Of course, it's a lot of work to convince a plane full of people that they don't see something for 12 hours straight, but she seems to manage.

According to them, no one should notice we're missing for about another 6 hours. By the time they're missed at breakfast, we'll already have crossed through Romania and into Sokovia. However, when Peter gets back from school- which would have been about an hour into our flight- he'd realize I was missing. He'd probably talk May out of her 'decision' to let me go.

Knowing this means that it's no shock when we get off the plane and turn our phones back on to find upwards of 200 calls from Peter between us. I grimace and start listening to the messages, Peter going from curious to concerned to panicked to- "Why are you...why are you on a plane?"- resignation.

"...For some reason, May thinks it's alright. But Wanda was there, so I don't know. Tell them that I'm meeting you guys in Sokovia on Sunday, and don't do anything stupid, alright? Please? When Mr Stark finds out we're all dead," I frown as I listen to Peter's message, and Wanda looks at me expectedly.

"Peter's coming," I say simply, sliding my phone back into my pocket. "But Tony doesn't know that I went with you guys yet,"

Wanda and Pietro glance at each other, Wanda's eyes flashing red. Pietro grins suddenly and turns back to me, exclaiming in English- "Then we have two days before the buzzkill comes to kill the fun!" -And starts to practically shove Wanda and I towards the airport doors.

__

Between having the fastest man on the planet and a teleporter both set on making their way to the hotel as quickly as possible, we made fairly good time. I haven't attempted taking people again yet, but I made quick work of our bags, Pietro arriving behind the hotel with Wanda in tow a split second after I did. Apparently they'll stay in Romania the first night, and we cross the border in the morning. Which means that they cross the border in the morning, and I just port to somewhere in Sokovia.

Sokovia.

I'm going to Sokovia.

Supposedly my home country.

And I'll be surrounded by people that speak my language.

"You know, two days isn't much time to show her around," Wanda tilts her head, considering. "Should we go cross the border today?"

She looks at Pietro and I.

I shrug, looking to Pietro. He tilts his head back and groans, but agrees. We have been awake for nearly 20 hours, but some coffee will help.

Quickly settled, Wanda goes to the desk and tells the clerk that we need to cancel our reservation, leaving Pietro and I by the entrance.

"You don't have to come with us for this, you know," He says in Sokovian, earning odd looks from the Romanians in the room. "We go to the...facility first," He spits out the word in disgust.

"Where you and Wanda were..."

"Yeah. Wanda takes it hardest, my little sister. It's like she feels all the people that suffered there-"

"-And lives through it again each time," I finish breathlessly, watching her with new admiration. She still goes there, and she remembers all the people that Hydra hurt. I've read the files. It was a lot. A lot of pain, a lot of suffering, a lot of things that never should have happened.