Intro

Leaning against an alleyway wall, I stick my hands into my pockets and dig around for today's profit. I know I got four people. Two looked rich, but they were all stupid.

I quickly leaf through the cash and then promptly grimace. Roughly $200. Not my best day.

But now, I got an issue, because that's either a crappy hotel room or two meals.

"Ay, got any money?" A young dude calls to me, stepping into my alley. I roll my eyes and fold the money over, tucking it into one of my pockets.

"Don't even have a wallet," I snap, walking away. I'll go for buying food, so then I have to try one of the rooms I've had before. Carefully, of course, but that would be better than sitting outside again. Take a shower, wash my clothes in the sink, and I'll have money in the morning for fruit.

"Can't even spare ten bucks?" He asks again, but this time his voice is darker. Threatening. I raise an eyebrow, but don't turn around as I keep walking. And then this idiot grabs my shoulder. I stop walking and very slowly turn around, pushing his hand off of me.

"How about you back off," I frown. I think I'll get a container of pineapple. A big one. Haven't had pineapple in a while.

He slowly looks me up and down, but not in a lewd way. More...analytical.

"How about you let me check that bag of yours?"

I think it's fair to say I've given him every opportunity to back off. So I drive the heel of my hand into his face, crushing his nose. The loud snap that results gives me goosebumps. Somehow, this man keeps his head and reaches a grimey hand for me. Like I told him- I glance over his shoulder- not today.

I grip the straps of my bag and focus myself approximately three feet behind him, reappearing in a cloud of purple smoke. He stumbles forward, confused, and I plant a boot in his back before heading back onto the main street.

I shake out the electric feeling from when I glitch, endorphins running high.

Another happy day in Queens.