19 - GOODNIGHT N GO

You entered your room. Romulus was there waiting for you. You let out a sigh. You didn't want to see him. Especially after what had just happened in the council room.

The sun had already begun to set, the orange hews pouring into the room.

"I think Hux is onto me." he spoke.

"No kidding, he kept staring at you when talking about the prisoners." You were pacing around the room removing your shoes.

"Ya and what the hell was up with the memory wiping shit?"Romulus asked.

You sat on your bed, trying to get better access to removing your other shoe.

"Ya, he was putting me on the spot. He never liked me." you added.

"You don't think he suspects we know one another?"Romulus neared you rubbing his chin in thought.

You threw yourself on the bed. Your arms and knees ached from having been frozen in that position.

"I don't think he has put two and two together yet, we just have to be careful around him."you say.

Romulus let out a shaky sigh. You knew what he was going to say.

"I don't want to talk about it." you said firmly.

Romulus ignored your warning, "I wanted to thank you for what you did...even though they did end up dying. But-"

You shot up from your bed. "Yes, I get it! Kylo is merciless and evil and should be killed before we are next!"

Romulus neared you. "Y/N are you alright?" You had concerned him, he had never seen you so worked up.

Romulus sat beside you. You looked at him. You couldn't lie to him, he was like your father. Your lip quivered and tears formed in your eyes.

Romulus brought you into a hug before you could break. You tried to swallow away the knot in your throat as you huged your uncle back.

"He promised me he would set them free...he lied to me. He betrayed me"you finally cried, single hot tears streaming down your face.

Romulus stroked your hair and rubbed your back.

You both sat there in one another's arms in silence.

"Y/N did something happen at the countryside?"

You didn't answer him and felt yourself go rigid in his arms. He pulled away to get a good look at your face. You chewed on your bottom lip.

"You kissed him didn't you?"

You looked down at your lap in guilt.

Romulus stood up and mumbled, cursing under his breath.

You extended your hand out, motioning for him to rejoin you on the bed.

He lowered his head, shutting his eyes and letting his arms hang loosely. He listened begrudgingly, shuffling over to you and sitting back on the bed.

You placed both your hands on the side of his face and showed him what happened.

Memories of your time at the countryside flooded before Romulus's eyes.

He saw the picnic, the swim in the waterfall, the kyber crystal mines, the First Order Plans, and the kiss.

Romulus gulped. He had seen a side to Kylo that he had never seen, a side that he never comprehended that the ruthless Kylo Ren could have. A soft side a peaceful side and it was you that brought that out of him.

Romulus got chills when he saw Kylo explain to you his situation with Palpatine. He saw how Kylo wanted to be free from Palpatine and from it all. He felt like he had misjudged Kylo.