Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I woke up unsure of my surroundings. A silver metal chain was around my ankle and connected to the wall. The silver was burning my skin, a reaction that werewolves get to the chemicals. My breath hitched as the stinging sensation never seemed to stop. I wrapped the ends of Thaddeus' shirt around my hand, I smelled his scent, which seemed to calm my wolf and I down.

"Well, hello there, Scarlett, right?" The source of the voice was straight in front of me. He seemed to look a little like Thaddeus but not completely.

Plus, Thaddeus was MUCH hotter.

God, this mate pull sucks.

"Who are you?" I asked in a quiet voice knowing that the mate pull wouldn't save me so I couldn't be as sassy as I actually was.

"Me? I'm Victor." My eyes widened as I realized this was the guy who was going to poison me and my family.

"What do you want?" I spat at him, losing all nervousness that I had before.

"Darling, don't use that tone with me," he scolded as he ran his hand along my face causing me to shiver back in disgust. What is it with the pet name, darling? I feel like my grandmother is talking to me every time that happens.

I felt a burning sensation on the side of my cheek. I realized that he slapped me right across the face.

"Don't you dare do that again," he yelled causing me to flinch. He yanked my chin up and started to lean in to kiss me. I screamed and thrashed around. I wasn't going to let some psychopath kiss me. He punched me in the eye before stomping out of the room.

I hissed at the pain, I was in no contact with my wolf so it would take longer to heal.

Once I heard the prison door slam shut, I curled into a ball against the wall and cried into my hands.

Thaddeus, please save me.

***

I had no idea how long I lay there crying but I was surprised when I heard, "Stop crying you animal." I hissed in pain and looked up at Victor when he kicked me.

"What do you want?" I snapped at him.

"I want to break you," he said in a creepy voice that caused me to shiver.

"I despise you," I spat out.

"Honey, I don't care," was all he said before walking out again. I ran a hand through my hair, before looking around. Trying to find a way to possibly get out of here but it just wasn't working. I lay down and started to draw on the hard stone floor with my claw.

I'd already started to lose track of time. All I know is that I'd been here longer than a week; looks like the big bad alpha can't save his mate? This fueled me. Did he even care? I looked on the ground of the boring floor as a voice spoke up.

"Don't worry, you'll get out."

I looked around and saw a middle-aged woman in the cell across from me. She was completely bruised and battered with dried blood and cuts all over her. 

"Doesn't seem like it," I said with a small, sad chuckle as she gave me a sad smile and shut her mouth. Suddenly, the cage door opened. 

"Ah, Scarlett, nice to see you again," Victor said as he opened the cell door and stepped in. 

"Where's Thaddeus?" I asked aggravated and annoyed that he didn't save me. 

"Well, he came by about a week ago, gave me this scar right here," he said as he pointed to a long scar along his hand.