Chapter four- The Concert

Xxx~~~xxX

"Thanks and have a good day," I said with a grin. The man nodded his head as he put his card back into his wallet. He picked up his pizza box and left the building.

I took off my apron and threw it on the counter. That was the largest rush hour I had ever seen. It was a good thing Ryan helped me out. About five minutes into working, the chef came for his shift so Ryan got out of the kitchen to help me with the hungry costumers. It was fun to work with him. He kept speaking to the people in a really bad Italian accent. I joined him but when a kid thought I was choking I stopped.

I shivered thinking of how my interaction with the red-topped girl and her clique went. It was awful. Her friends called her Kylie. They kept giving me glares but I gave them right back. One girl who looked like an exact replica of Lorde stooped low enough to spill her drink and made me clean it up. I got back at Lorde Jr., of course. I used an already saturated rag to wipe it up so I could push her carbonated water onto her lap. Obviously, I made sure she knew I did it on purpose like she did.

"Oh don't worry about it," Kylie answered for her friend. "And about earlier, I really am sorry for running into you like that."

I rolled my eyes. "It's fine. Don't worry about it. We all make mistakes. Anyways, do you want to order?" I said bitterly.

The girl chuckled and ordered. How could I be mean to someone like that? She literally laughed everything off.

I jumped to sit on top of the counter, next to my apron, and shook my head. I was exhausted.

Ryan came back from the kitched holding a box of pizza. "Thanks so much for helping me, Raven. I honestly couldn't have done it without you. Here's your pizza by the way. It's piping hot because I made a new one for you. The other one got cold."

I grinned. "Awesome. I'm starving."

Ryan chuckled. "You're welcome."

"Here have some. I can't eat a whole box by myself," I said while picking at the pepperoni.

When the box was empty, I thanked Ryan for the food. I turned to leave but stopped when I reached the door.

"Ryan, do you go to high school or something? You seem like you would be 17," I asked.

"I actually was homeschooled for most of my life. Something um... came up and we moved here. Today is my last day of work and then I'm going to go to the local high school tomorrow. What is it called? Jone Daniels, I think? Anyways, I'm gonna be a Senior this year."

"Wow, you're really bad with names. It's John Daniels and I go to school there. I'm a Senior as well. I'll see you tomorrow then? Maybe I can like give you a tour?" I laughed.

Ryan nodded with a bright smile on his face. We exchanged numbers and bided each other good bye. I couldn't wait for Vanessa and everyone else to meet him for they would all love him.