Chapter 9

You bolted up from the bed gasping and quickly becoming anxious because it was getting hard to breathe. It probably didn't help that you were sobbing and had a stuffy nose.

Now you could feel yourself going into full on panic mode, making it even harder to breathe than it already was.

The fear that had been present during your dream was swelling at an alarming rate as you began to realize that you could die because of a bad dream, an illness, and a panic attack. 

What a way to go.

It was then that Loki walked through the door to check on you, and when he saw the state you were in he nearly fainted.

He was supposed to have taken care of you, and Loki knew that if your dad were to walk in right now, he would've thrown Loki right back into a cell.

Loki quickly rushed over to your bedside and wrapped his arms around you, cradling you to his chest.

You grip onto his shirt and sobs begin to wrack your body.

"I didn't mean to," you gasp out in between shaky breathes. "I didn't know," you whisper.

"What?" Loki questions.

"I loved him," you whisper as Loki frowns at you.

"It's ok, you're ok" he rubs circles on your back.

"It's my fault," you look him in the eyes and he flinched back at the raw pain in your eyes.

"It's not," Loki reassured you, "everyone makes mistakes," why was he being so nice?

"All my fault," you whisper, feeling helpless and broken when the loud sound of the quinjet landing was heard.

Tony immediately rushed to your room, even though he was still wearing his Ironman suit.

He opened the door and found you staring blankly at the wall in Loki's lap, hands clutching his shirt, his arms wrapped around you.

Tony stepped out of his suit and slowly crouched down next to you.

"Kait?" He said softly, gently turning your face towards him when he froze.

"Loki get out of here," he said it steadily, but the God of mischief heard the fear and panic under the words as he gently placed you next to him and made his way to the exit, lingering in the doorway.

"NOW!" Tony barely raised his voice, but the undertone of desperation must've gotten to Loki because he rushed out of the room and immediately ran to the elevator to keep the rest of the Avengers from you and Tony.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The team stepped off the quinjet, oblivious to the impending doom that was proceeding below them.

Wanda immediately reached out to your mind and began to panic when she couldn't find you.

"I can't find Kait with my mind," Wanda tried to keep the panic from bubbling up.

"What about Loki or Tony?" Nat rationalized with the girl.

Wanda reached out to the both of them and when she came up with nothing she couldn't keep the panic from bubbling over.

Wanda shook her head at her teammates, not trusting her voice.

Steve opened his mouth to ask something when Loki burst through the roof door.

Everyone's eyes widened because Wanda had been wrong.

"Where's Kait?" Bucky asked distrust laced through the words as he stared at the raven haired asguardian.

"In her room, but somethings wrong and Tony doesn't want anyone near her," the Avengers were taken aback at the fear and worry in the trickster gods words.

"I'm going to make sure she's okay," Wanda said and the rest of the team nodded.

"I don't think that's a good idea-" Steve shoved past Loki, cutting him off.

Thor looked at Loki, "I need to make sure Lady Kait is alright," Loki frowned.

"It's really not a good idea," Loki tried to reason with the team.

Steve scoffed when a shrill, broken scream shook the tower and the sound of a window breaking was heard from somewhere below them. Everyone rushed to the side of the roof looking down as they saw someone hurtling toward the ground.

It took them a second, but then they realized the falling figure was none other than Tony Stark

A/N sorry it took me so long, I wasn't sure where I wanted this story to go next, but I finally decided. Sorry if it sucks.