Chapter 7

The next morning you definitely were not back to normal. Sure, you weren't on autopilot. And you supposed that was a good thing, but you were beginning to think that it would've been preferable.

You slowly opened your eyes, and immediately regretted it. It felt like the light was burning through your skull.

You had a pounding headache that seemed to shove your brain into your skull again and again, your nose was terribly stuffy so you had to breathe through your mouth, of course you just had to have a sore throat.

You wouldn't have felt like you were dying if you were normal person, but there were side effects that were caused by your powers. Such as it being impossible to keep your blocking up.

So on top of being sick, you were also constantly being bombarded by emotions of people from around the tower. It was chaotic, so much so, that it physically hurt your head, and made your lovely headache ten times worse.

You squeeze your eyes shut, and when you open them, Loki's in front of you.

"Kait, are you alright?" he gently wipes away tears that you hadn't even known were there. You give him a small nod as you feel the emotions pushed away to the back of your mind.

"How are you doing that?" your voice is soft as you look at Loki, knowing it was his doing.

"I believe I am using my consciousness to boost your's, making your blocking stronger. It's not perfect, but hopefully it helps," You think for a second before deciding it makes enough sense.

"Well, thank you then," he gives you a little nod.

You swing your legs out of bed and immediately stand up, but regret it when the rest of your body protests.

"You shouldn't be doing things like that," Loki catches you before you can fall.

"How am I supposed to get downstairs then, you gonna carry me?" you grumble.

Loki pauses, then smirks and says, "Yes, I think I will," and quickly scoops you up. Before you can protest, Loki has your arms around his neck, and your legs around his waist as he easily carries you down to the kitchen.

You squirm and poke Loki in retaliation, but after realizing you're to tired to do anything else, you give in and bury your face into his shoulder.

Soon the quiet morning chatter reaches your ears, and you're glad to not hear Thor awake yet, knowing that his loud and boisterous voice would make your headache worse.

Now of course, when you two made it downstairs, you weren't facing the Avengers, but you kind of wished you had been so you could see the looks on their faces. You could easily pinpoint the exact second they saw you in Loki's arms, even without sight, because all talk, and it seemed movement as well, stopped.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY DAUGHTER! YOU'RE WAY TOO CLOSE!" Tony breaks the blissful silence with a  shout, making you wince as pain flares in your head as you bury face farther into the crook of Loki's neck.

It seems Loki noticed, because he begins to rub circles on your back as he whispers, "Are you alright?" you give him a tiny nod, trying not to jostle your head and make it worse.

Your dad immediately walks around Loki to you and realizing that loud noises were not your friend, whispers, "Kid, what's wrong? Are you hurt? Sick? Was it something with a friend? A crush? What happened? How'd it happen? Why's Loki being nice to you? Is it his fault?"

You look at him from over Loki's shoulder, "I'm sick, no, yes, no, no, sick, dunno, ask him, no," you say it softly and Loki looks surprised that you, one, caught everything Tony said, and two, gave him an answer for every question.

Your dad contemplates your answers for a bit, "We should probably call off the mission then..." you heard Peter sigh. It was going to be his first important mission.

"NO!" Loki jumps a little when you shout, "dad, you can't, it's too important".

"You're more important," Tony tells you sternly.

"Great, but you probably won't have another shot at this if you don't do it today".

"Who'd watch you,"

"Loki can," your dad raises an eyebrow, "We weren't going to go anyway, I'll be fine,"

"Kait-"

"Plus I'll be in less pain if there's less people in the building," you cut him off, knowing he'll probably agree now.

"..... fine, but you have to promise that if anything happens, you'll call me,"

"Promise," you smile at him.

He turns to the rest of the team, "In that case, we'll be gone in an hour," he grins, "now, who want's to wake Thor?"