Chap 13 - Tony?

Y/N, on the other hand, was now watching the water, which had become calm again after her sisters had left. She waited a few moments to be sure that she was safe and then went back to where she was.

She stepped back into the water and closed her eyes to become one with the element.
She knew what she was risking. And she knew that she was now rejected by her own kind.
But she didn't care. It was worth it.
Tony was worth it.

She cleared her mind again. She refocused on Tony, their meeting, their time together, her love for him. And instantly she felt calmed.

For a while nothing happened, but she never gave up hope. Tony had taught her that. And it was too important.
"Please, please" she murmured.

Suddenly she felt the wind in her hair, the sound of the waves increasing more and more.
When she opened her eyes she saw that the sea was shining with an unusual light.

She then felt the need to sing a melody. The same bewitching mermaid song that Tony had inspired her to sing a while earlier.

She was humming the notes when she felt a force swirling around her. She felt her soul stirring inside her and a sensation running through her body and when she looked down, her shocked expression quickly turned into a big smile when she saw that her mermaid tail was slowly changing into a pair of human legs.

Her wish had just been granted. "Finally..." she said, looking at them in detail before running her hands over them.
"Oh that's weird," she said with a laugh.

It was real, she was finally going to be able to join Tony and be free.

After the shock of the event, she bit her lip. She had just realized that the new test would be to manage to stand up and even harder, to manage to walk without falling.

But the mermaid had the willpower and was going to keep trying until she made it, despite the many falls she would suffer. Tony had also taught her to never give up no matter what.

 Tony had also taught her to never give up no matter what

Tony had just finished his speech. "We'll discuss it among ourselves and come back later to tell you our verdict," the men said as they stood up and shook his hand.

Tony was really hoping this would work. His new invention could save thousands of lives and he hoped to get the people on board. Between investors and organization representatives, Tony often had to deal with these types of people.

Were these conventions becoming more and more annoying or was it he who could stand them less and less? He wondered. But if he had to go through this to save lives, it was the right choice.

Some time later Tony, left alone, was now sitting on a bench that lined the dance floor betweet the place and tje beach. The sun was completely down and the lights of the decorations were now the only source of light around him.

Tony watched the couples dance and have fun, and of course thought about Y/N. How many more times were they going to get separated?

He didn't know what would happen next even though he knew he wished she could be there. In fact everything had been happening so fast lately and he was so busy that he hadn't really had time to think about it or even put into words what he was feeling.

 In fact everything had been happening so fast lately and he was so busy that he hadn't really had time to think about it or even put into words what he was feeling

In the distance women were talking and turning to him from time to time. Tony was still in his thoughts, his face down, looking at the glass he was holding in his hands, when one of the women approached him and smiled.

Tony noticed her, raised his head and smiled politely back at her and the woman then moved closer. "Yes?" Tony asked after a moment.

"Is it true what they say?"
"They say tons of things about me.." Tony observed jokingly.
"I mean that you're single now?"
".. It's more complicated."
"Oh right" the woman looked at Tony and then at the scene with the people dancing.

"So?" she said.
Tony frowned.
"Aren't you going to ask me to dance?" Said the woman as if it was obvious.
"Oh, no, sorry..."

The woman seemed upset and left while Tony ran a hand over his face.

"So no pretty lady on your arm tonight Mr

"So no pretty lady on your arm tonight Mr. Stark?" Said one of the investors as they came back to him. He gave him a friendly pat on the shoulder and Tony frowned at the gesture and turned his head towards the man.
What did they all want from him tonight?

"Why didn't you invite this young lady?"
"Actually I have... it's special, but I'm not looking for anyone." Tony looked out to the horizon and the sea as he said these words.

"By the way I have to leave for a moment, I'll come back later" Tony assured, now looking back at the man.

This time he was going to join Y/N. But he didn't know what the little mermaid had prepared on her side these last hours.

Tony had barely said his words when he heard a familiar female voice softly saying his name behind him.

"Tony..?"

---
#BringBackTonyStarktolife