Chap 1 - A surprising encounter

Tony Stark was often busy. When he wasn't saving the world, or in his lab spending days and nights inventing new things to protect the world, he was on a business trip, at a party or gala, helping children or students, or doing other good deeds.

And today, Tony was at one of those gala events in a foreign country.

Everybody always believes that Tony loves these things. But even though he loved what the event was all about, he was bored with these kind of parties and everything that goes with them.

He would much rather spend time in his garage tinkering with Jarvis and his robots than see and talk to people he doesn't like. Than always have to smile and pretend.

After several hours repeating the same speech to everyone Tony was more than tired and decided to slip away. He took his drink, discreetly went outside and decided to walked through the streets of the city.

He looked at the architecture around him. He hadn't even had time to visit the country. And he already had to leave the next day. He would have preferred to come here for a vacation (well deserved).

Enjoying his time alone in the streets of the city, he was interrupted in his thoughts when he heard a woman singing in the distance. It was like sung musical notes without words and it was melodious.

He listened for a moment but didn't pay any more attention to it and went on his way. For now, he wanted to be alone and enjoy the peace and quiet.

 For now, he wanted to be alone and enjoy the peace and quiet

It was dark, it was almost nightfall. The streets were only lit by old street lamps. Still with his glass in his hand Tony wandered along the quay without knowing where to go.

He was walking when he felt that he has to stop on the edge of the bank, and looked at the view.

After a few seconds of watching the city lights shine in the river, Tony noticed something moving. Something in human form, moving slightly in the distance, half in the water and half on the bank.

He frowns. "It's a woman!" He said to himself, not waiting a second to go down the stone steps that led to the shore running.

When he reached the shore he approached the woman and realized who was in front of him. She was not just a woman. She was a mermaid.
Yes, a real mermaid was in front of him. A woman but with shiny scales on a tail.

He put his hand over his face and stepped back for a moment. He couldn't believe his eyes.
"Oh my God..." Tony looked at the fainting young woman, from her beautiful hair to her (Y/F/C) fish tail glistening in the dark.

He knelt down beside her and gently examined her to find out what was wrong with her. He noticed that she was injured at the end of her tail and in her face.

Tony gently put his hand behind her head and brought her close to him on his knees.
"Miss..." he said, shaking her arm slightly to wake her up. The mermaid moaned slightly.
"Hey hey that's okay. I'll get you out of here." Tony said, stroking her hair gently.

He takes off his jacket and places it around her so she doesn't get cold

He then looked around to make sure no one could see the woman and took her in his arms.

He carried the woman to his car, and put her down delicatly in the back.
Not being able to take her to the hospital for fear of what they might want to do with a mermaid like her, he decided to take her back to his vacation home where there was a lab, with more technology than he could find in the city hospital anyway.
There, he will be able to take care of her.

After a few minutes, he arrived home, put her in his bathtub, and ran a bath, taking care that it was neither too hot nor too cold.

He heals her wounds and sat down by the bathtub, waiting for her to wake up.

"I still can't believe it," he whispered as he looked at her.