More Than Friends?

Start from the beginning

Even though Luke was my best friend, he was also quite close with my family. He was like a second brother to me. Well, maybe more...

They continued with their small talk that my dad had soon joined in on. I thought for a moment. Do I really still like Luke? I mean he did friend zone me. So why should I still like him?

I mean, I do really like Rico. I not fully sure about my feelings yet. I've only been close to him for less than a week. Ill give myself more time to think about it. I got snapped out of my thoughts when Rico tapped my shoulder.

"Hey we've been calling your name. Are you okay?" He asked in a concerned tone.

"Oh sorry. Yeah i'm fine. A little zoned out that's all." I stated with a small smile. He sent a reassuring smile back and said, "Well were gonna go skateboarding if you want to come. That is unless you want to hang out with your friend from home. Can he skate?" He whispered the last sentence but still loud enough to let Luke hear.

"He can ride one pretty well but I don't think he can do any tricks." I said slightly laughing. Not to make fun of Luke of course, but just at the fact that Rico was trying to hide his slight jealousy of Luke.

"Well then what are we waiting for? Let's go."Rico said enthusiastically.

We all headed towards the door when I stopped dead in my track and turned on my heel back towards Luke. My parents had already headed back upstairs to get dressed for the day. That is since they were still in their pjs.

"You brought your skateboard, right?" I asked Luke from a small distance.

"Of course. It's in my moms trunk. Lemme grab it. She's still outside, so."

"Okay, we'll meet your out there." I said, gesturing to the fact we were still putting on our shoes and stuff.

"The boys are gonna stop by their houses on the way and just us three will go to the skatepark for now. They need to change clothes and stuff." I stated.

"Okay cool. Meet me outside ya?"

"Yup." With that, Luke walked out to his moms car, the door closing behind him.

"So, how long have you known...Luke..? for?" Evon asked, not quite sure of his name.

"Well lets see. Since I was in 2nd grade i'm pretty sure. So about 7 years?" I stated, not quite sure if my answer was correct

"Ohhh okay so you guys are like really close, ya?"

"Yup. We've done just about everything together." I said while tightening my shoe and standing up. The rest of the boys followed pursuit and we went out the front door. We grabbed our skateboards and started riding down the street, the 4 boys going their own ways as me, Noah and Luke headed to the skatepark.

As we arrived, we headed over the the opposite side of the park, where we normally go.

"Hey Nova? Could you possibly teach me a trick or two while we're here? I would like to  learn how to skate." Luke asked.

"Oh of course. We'll start off with an ollie. It's the best beginner trick to start with. After, we'll move to a pop-shove it, ya?"

"Alright cool."

I started teaching Luke the basics of learning an ollie, such as needing to get high into the air, sliding ur foot up the board, etc. It had been about 10 minutes and I started spotting Luke. He got the technique pretty well but could still use some work. All he needed was to get some air. So I spotted him.

I stood in front of him and grabbed onto his hips as he grabbed my shoulders. He jumped and attempted to do an ollie, but the board slid from under him, so he grabbed me. Almost. pulling me into a hug.

We laughed as he slowly made his way back to his feet. I turned around and noticed the now 5 boys coming to join us, who were just coming through the gate. This time they brought Savanh with them.

Rico's Pov

I don't know why, but I couldn't help but feel a sense of jealousy as Nova had hugged that guy at the front door. What is this weird feeling? It not like I like Nova. So what is there to be jealous about?

As me and my friends parted ways with Nova, Luke and Noah, AK started teasing me about Nova.

"So, I saw you and Nova cuddling this morning. Is she your girlfriend now?" He asked, smirking and wiggling his eyebrows at me. I look over at him, and turn away with an eye roll.

"Giving attitude now are we?" AK said with sass. "You've seemed in a bad mood ever since that guy got here."

"Ya what's up with that?" Blake butted in.

"HUUUUHHH." AK said taking a deep breath in. "You're jealous aren't you?" AK said, slowly opening his mouth into a wide grin.

"Jealous? What? That makes no sense."

"Oh but it does." Evon said. "Youuu are jealous of Luke because he and Nova are best friends. You probably like Nova." He said non-chalantly.

"Do not." I said, more defensively than I hoped.

"Woah woah why getting so defensive there ehhh?" AK said, smirking once again.

"Dude just shut up. I don't like Nova alright? I barely know her." I stated in a harsh tone. Savanh continued to stay quiet, considering he didn't know much of the topic.

"Alright alright I'll lay off on ya. But if you two start dating, don't say I didn't tell you sooo." Ak said, teasingly. I rolled my eyes at the statement and continued ahead to the skatepark. We had picked up Savanh on the way since we saw him in the street.

As we entered the gates to the skatepark, my eyes immediately set onto Nova. I smiled slightly before realizing what was happening. Luke was gripping onto her as they were both laughing.

Why do I feel like this?

What is she doing to me?

Every time I see her I- I can't help but get this weird, tingly feeling in my stomach. And my face...burns up.

Oh man.

Now I realize.

I've fallen.

Hard.

A/N
That's a wrap for chapter...6? idk. BUTTT SORRY I HAVEN'T POSTED IN A FEW DAYS. I HAD NOO MOTIVATION. ANYWAYS THANK YOU FOR 100+ VIEWERS AHHH. CONTINUE TO OUT SUGGESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS. ILL BE SURE TO USE THEM. LOVE YOU ALL <3

1,760 words