Unpacking

I woke up at around 9am to the sun shining brightly on my face through the open window blinds. I blinked a couple times until my vision was clear. I took a deep breath in and stayed in bed until I got the courage to finally get up. I went into the bathroom that was connected to my room and started the shower. While I waited for the water to get warm I brushed my knotted hair.

Once the water was warm, I stripped and got in. The hot water hit my skin as the bathroom started to fill with steam. I sat enjoying the water for a bit then started washing my hair. Once I was done I got out and finished my morning routine.

I searched through my still full moving boxes for a pair of clothes. I put on a white tank-crop top, big mom jeans, a brown zip up jacket and I put my shoes to the side for when I go out. I started unpacking, starting with my clothes box.

Once my room was finished, which didn't take long, I decided to explore the new town. I grabbed my skateboard from off my floor, put on my shoes (travis scott air jordan 1 or just air forces). I yelled to my mom that I was going out, then left. As I was riding down the street, I noticed a skatepark. Luckily it was right near my house. I decided to go into it.

As soon as I entered the gates, all eyes were on me. Ugh. They're probably a bunch of sexiest little boys, wondering why a girl is skateboarding. Whatever. I continued riding until I got to ramp. I rode down it and did a few tricks as I hit the top of each ramp.

I stopped after a minute and got back on the flat floor. I started riding around the skatepark when I noticed my brother and his new group of friends. But this time, there was someone else. He was really cute. Around my age maybe. He seemed like it at least. I headed towards them on my board. When I got there I greeted my brother.

"Hey Noah."

"Oh hey Nova." he said after he locked eyes with me for a split second, noticing my presence. "When did you get here?"

"Not long ago. Only been a few minutes."

"Oh okay. Anyways, this is their other friend, Rico." He said while pointing to the kid that was around my age.

I flashed him a smile and he did a little wave at me. it was silent for a moment until, the kid now known as Rico, asked, "Hey Evon can you video me really quick."

"Ya sure." Then they want off their to video.

"Hey do you know how old he is...by any chance?" I asked my brother

"Oh he's 14." AK butted in. I slightly froze when he said that, then regained my composure.

"Oh okay cool thanks. Anyways I was just checking out the town so I'll be going now. If you need me, text me." I said to Noah.

"Okay see ya. Be safe please."

"I will." I said in a slightly annoyed tone. And with that, I rode towards the exit. I continued riding down the street when I noticed a Dairy Queen. I decided to stop by and grab a Blizzard.

Once all payed and done I headed out. Thank God its summer. It would've sucked to have joined school in the middle of the year. When I got home I was greeted by my mom.

"Hey honey. Where were you?"

"Oh I just explored the town. I found a skatepark nearby. Noah's making friends already." I explained.

"Well good for him. What would you like for breakfast."

"PANCAKES." I shouted a little too loudly, making my mom jerk back a bit.

"Ok ok." She chucked. She started making the pancakes and I made my way to the couch. I went on my phone for a while when a video popped up on my feed that caught
me by surprise.