six

" Appi aap itni pyaari lag rahi hain" Mehtaab squealed excitedly when she came in to call the bride.

" Hain na?" Aafiya wiped a stray tear that leaked out of her eyes when she saw her daughter all decked up like a bride.

A little unconventional one at that because of the odd colour she was wearing but that just made her even more special. Made their wedding a bit more special.

The copper colour that was shared between the bride and groom. The copper colour that was bought by the groom for the bride and the copper colour that was chosen by the bride for the groom!

Sohai sat there silently as she observed her mother look at her in pure awe. She did look pretty but she didn't feel like a bride. It was all happening too fast. One moment she was just enjoying her brother's wedding and the next one she was getting married herself?

She did want to marry Saifaan but she also wanted the news of her marriage to sink in. She wanted to be engaged and enjoy the courtship period. She wanted to call Saifaan her fiance for a few moments before he became her husband.

Sohai felt herself hyperventilating and her breath coming in short gasps. So much so that she ultimately felt that the world was closing in on her and that she couldn't breathe anymore.

Aafiya noticed this and immediately ran to her, rubbing her back and trying to calm her down but she wasn't prepared to hear what she said next.

" Mujhe yeh Shaadi nahi karni hain" Sohai whispered softly, tears running down her face.

Mehtaab felt her world stop when she heard her brother's bethrothed saying something that would shatter her brother and she didn't think he will ever recover from the heartbreak. She ran outside and to her own house before barging in her brother's room unannounced.

Saifaan was blushing furiously as the boys teased him while helping him get ready and his eyes widened when he saw his sister looking so frightened and disheveled.

" Mehtaab kya hua hain Beta?" Saifaan immediately rushed to his baby sister who was just panting and breathing hard, unable to form any coherent words.

" Appi...Nikaah nahi karna" she finally got it out with great difficulty and Saifaan stilled for a moment.

" Kyu?" He asked her in a small voice and Yaaseen rubbed his back in a consoling manner, trying to ease his Saifu Bhai's pain.

Mehtaab shook her head in a negative and leaned back into her husband's chest who hugged her from behind. She saw how her elder brother sat back down on the bed helplessly and the tears that threatened to run down his eyes and then the sudden glint in them when he stood up hastily.

" Main baat karta hoon usse" Saifaan ran out before anyone could protest and stopped only when he reached his bride's room in the other house.

" Chachi main baat karoon ek dafaa?" Saifaan pleaded with a crying Aafiya who was being consoled by her husband and an equally agitated Gulaisha.

" Mujhe nahi samajh aaraha hain Saifu ki woh aise kyu keh rahi hain" Aafiya cried even more when she felt Gulaisha hug her tighter.

" Main baat karta hoon Chachi" Saifaan assured their parents and knocked on her door before entering.

" Aafat? Yeh tumhaara naya tareeka hain na mujhe pareshaan karne ka?" Saifaan walked up to a weeping Sohai who was still sitting on the stool in front of the mirror.

" Sohai kya hua hain Meri Jaan, tumhe meri koi baat buri lagi hain?" Saifaan kneeled down in front of her and held her hands in his as she shook her head in a no.