seven

" Ammi main parso office se kuch files laaya tha, aapne dekhein hain kahi?" Saifaan searched high and low for his files but wasn't able to find them.

" Mujhse nahi poochon tum, apni biwi se kaho yeh saari baatein" Gulaisha answered her son as she sipped on tea with her husband.

" Sohai se?" Saifaan peeped in the living room, confused at hearing her name.

Why would his wife who lived in the house next door know about a file in this house?

" Jee, kal aayi thi meri bahu aur tumhaara kamra dekhkar usse bas shock lagna hi baaki tha" Gulaisha laughed at the sheepish expression on her son's face as he looked down at his feet.

Saifaan Jafari may be a disciplined man but he had a very hard time maintaining the cleanliness of his room!

" Usne kyu haath lagaya meri files ko!" Saifaan groaned and immediately ran out of their house and called out to his wife.

" Soha!" He yelled from the porch and when she didn't magically appear right that second, he called out again.

" Sohai!" He yelled louder and this time his wife came out with a spatula in her hand and a scowl on her face.

" Kya hain?" Sohai propped her hands on her hips and yelled back.

" Tumne kal mera kamra saaf kiya?" Saifaan had an irritated look on his face.

" Aur yeh aapka thank you bolne ka tareeqa hain? Bada hi nayaab hain" Sohai taunted him and he just scowled at her.

" Thank you, par aainda se mere kamrey ko uske haalat par chhod diya karo" Saifaan joined his hands pleadindly and Sohai got angrier by the second.

" Maine chooley par sabzi chadhayi hain aur tawe par paratha bhi hain, apni bakwaas uske jalne se pehle khatam karein aap" she flared her nose at him and he came upto the wall that separated their houses.

" Meri files kaha rakhi hain tumne? Kyu haath lagati hou meri cheezon ko? Mujhe ek cheez nahi mil rahi hain apne kamrey mein" Saifaan wagged a finger at her and she sighed before running back inside much to his shock.

Did she just disappear on him during a conversation? If you could even call this yelling a conversation!

Saifaan was still in shock when he saw her coming back outside and instead of answering him, she opened her gate and then theirs before running inside his house.

He walked in after her and saw she had directly gone to his room after greeting his parents.

" Yeh nazar aarahe hain aapko? Aankhein hain ya button!" Sohai pointed to a stack of papers and files on his bedside table which he had obviously overlooked while searching.

" Aur isse maine label bhi kiya tha date ke saath!" Sohai scolded her husband who just looked at the files in disbelief.

They weren't there when he had searched for them!

" Uh woh...main" Saifaan struggled to form words but his wife dismissed his attempts and walked out of his room furiously.

" Ammi aapke betey ne mere naak mein dum kar rakha hain!" Sohai complained to her mother-in-law who just chuckled at her and looked at her own husband teasingly.

Her son was an exact replica of her husband. It was as if she was living through the same incidents that has transpired throughout her life!

Also, Sohai has started calling Gulaisha Ammi and Bakhtaawar Abbu just like Saifaan does.

" Inhe aap jaha kahi se bhi laayein hain wapas kar dein. Koi exchange offer chal rahi hogi toh inse acha model lein aayenge" Sohai taunted her man who looked everywhere but at her.