10

The whole day was boring but she didn't pondered on it much. She was accustomed of living alone so those surprise birthday parties and posh gifts were never her yearning all she ever wanted was love but got loneliness instead.

Having nothing to do she decided to groom herself a little. Switching on her phone she opened YouTube and searched videos on how to make face scrubs and stuff with kitchen products.

And then she busied herself in her manicure pedicure and other stuff.

After shower she stared at her reflection in the mirror. Her skin was white, her bosoms were big but her tummy wasn't taut nor chubby it was normal, her waist wasn't tiny but it was small, then she had hour glass shaped hips and thick thighs. Overall she looked fat. That's why her bullies call her fatty all the time.

It's not her fault that she was this way. It was all genetic. She inherited this from her mother.

Now as she recalled her mother. Bitter tears formed in her eyes. Wearing her bathrobe she got out and took out her family photo from her cupboard. Her tears fell on her cheeks as she caressed the faces of her parents through the photo frame.

She remember how they used to celebrate her birthday. It was used to be so much fun with all her friends and family but now there's nothing left. She was all alone but she thank God so much for the blessing like Connor. He was her brother that she never had. He was the only person who she can call as her family.

At exactly 8 she was ready. Wearing a large hoodie on top she wore cap with black jeans. Hoodie was long enough to cover her hips. Wearing a mask she waited for Connor.

After long ten minutes Connor came and they left. Once away from that area. She removed her cap and opened her hair.

Connor took her to a fancy restaurant and she was sure it's expensive. They settle down on the table near the window and were given menu to look at.

"We could've gone to somewhere else." She suggested a little unwilling after looking at the prices of dishes.

Connor rolled his eyes. "It's your birthday Em. Don't worry." He smiled making her tension to fade away.

"Would you like to order sir?" The waiter asked and Connor nodded as they both ordered their food. Emma chose lasagna whereas Connor chose steak with red wine.

As Emma was legally 18 now. She can drink alcohol but the good girl in her didn't let her even touch it nor Connor forced her to drink it.

She wasn't dressed in a fancy clothing like all other people in this place cause she thought they would go in some sort of regular restaurant or cafe but she liked it here.

They ate their foot while Connor talked about his soccer games and even invited her to watch his game as his team qualified to finals. Though he's a quarterback, a jock but he acts nothing like that.

When they finished, she was literally taken off guard when a waiter came with small chocolate cake in a plate with candles on it.

Connor stood up and started singing happy birthday song. A wide grin appeared on her face as she made a wish and blew the candles.

After that she cut the cake and fed him, he on the other hand not only fed him but also applied chocolate cream on her cheek making her laugh out loudly.

They both ate the cake and Connor paid the bill. Even though he didn't let her see the total but she summed up the amount in her head and made a note in her head to spend that much money or more on his birthday.

They walked out of the restaurant and started walking slowly towards the bus stop which was at some distance.

"I really enjoyed today Connor." She said happily with a smile on her face.

"This is for you." He took out a rectangle box wrapped in gift paper. A grin appeared on her lips as she took that gift.

"Can I open it?" She asked excitedly making him nod.

"Go ahead." He ushered her to open it.

She opened the box and a smile appeared on her lips looking at the beautiful bracelet. Emma engraved in golden was dangling on that bracelet. She loves it.

"It's beautiful." She muttered before placing it  in her bag.

"I want to talk to you about something Emma." He said softly making her brows furrow because he was serious which rarely happens.

"What happened?" She asked softly and he gave her a small smile.

"Let's sit in the park." He said and she nodded as they walked into the park and they sat down on the bench.

Emma was quiet and nervous. She knows whatever this news was, it was serious and she won't like it. The vibes of her not liking it were stronger.

"You know I've applied for a soccer in Manchester United F.C." He said softly and she nodded her head.

"I'm selected as a trainee." He said lowly and a squeal escaped her lips and she jumped up in happiness.

"OH MY GOD!" She chirped making him chuckle as he grabbed her hand and pulled her back on the bench.

"But for that I've to go to Manchester." He announced the news and her heart literally dropped but she didn't let her smile to leave her lips.

"So what's the problem?" She asked softly while pretending.

"I've to leave tomorrow." He mumbled lowly with a sad face and she knew how much it hurts him. And if she said no he would never leave her but she can't be that selfish.

"Gosh I'm so happy. But why the sad face?" She asked softly.

"I don't want to leave you alone." He said sadly making her heart constrict.

"It's not a big deal. I can live alone but I cannot live with is you not achieving your goal." She mumbled softly making him shock.

"Emma I-" She cut him off.

"You're my brother from another mother and I want what's best for you. You can go but don't forget to call me everyday." She said with a warning making him chuckle as he ruffled her hair lovingly.

"It's a deal little sis." He smiled.

They were engrossed in their happy moment when they heard a loud growl from behind them.

"MATE!"

She abruptly looked behind and her eyes widened when they met with the enraged forest green ones.