bert <3

“Will I be best man at your wedding?” Bert asked, trailing after Gerard through the after party, “Depends, maybe Mikey wants to be that.” Gerard reasoned, “He can be Frank’s.” Bert argued. 

Bert was holding tight onto Gerard’s hand, probably to not get lost in the crowd of people.

“We’re not in a rush.” Gerard said, finally seeing his brother in the miller of people. 

He was standing with Ray, talking to someone Gerard didn’t really recognize. 

“You know,” Bert started, “I kinda like weddings.” 

“Mhm.” Gerard said, making his way through the crowd. 

“Did you see how Mikey laughed at Ray’s name by the way? And Ray said fuck, can I do that too?” 

“When you get married, I’m sure you can say fuck.” Gerard said.

“Hm, Mikey Toro Way, that’s kinda cool. And Ray Way Toro, they’re lucky their last names kinda match.” 

Gerard nodded halfheartedly, he barely even heard what Bert was saying. 

“Oh! Alcohol, see ya.” Bert said, dropping Gerard’s hand and disappearing in the crowd. 

Gerard sighed but was soon next to his brother and his brother's Husband. 

“Pete, this is Gerard. You guys met a while ago!” Mikey said when he noticed his brother. 

“I’ve heard so much about you!” Pete said, shaking Gerard’s hand. Gerard smiled, yet another guy he only knew during the worst part of his life. 

“I’m proud of you.” Pete said, Gerard was completely thrown off, but smiled at him. 

Pete  walked off to talk to someone else after a bit, leaving Gerard alone with the couple. 

Well, as alone you could be with two people in practically the middle of a crowd. 

“The wedding was really beautiful.” Gerard said, to which Ray nodded, his eyes scanning the crowd.

“One of his friends is supposed to be here, but we haven’t seen him yet.” Mikey explained, Ray looked a bit troubled. 

“Well, let me know if you find my boyfriend too.” Gerard said, joining the couple to stare out over the, what felt like, sea of people. 

“He’s so tiny it’s not even hard to lose him.” Mikey reasoned. 

“Oh wait, I’ve got it.” Ray said, then shouted right out into the room, “GERARD WAY SUCKS!” 

Most people ignored it, but a certain little angry guy came tumbling through the crowd, and when he noticed it was Ray who had screamed his cheeks lit up in a crimson red. 

“Thanks.” Gerard giggled and walked over to Frank. 

-

Frank and Gerard ended up sitting down outside of the party building, the music was so loud they could still hear it. 

“Did you drink?” Gerard asked, his voice was tired and calm. 

“No, I’m driving.” Frank said, Gerard could feel Frank’s eyes landing on the nasty scar above his eyebrow, but neither of them liked talking about it. 

“I can drive.” Gerard argued, “But you’re tired.” Frank reasoned. 

Gerard decided not to argue, looking over at the tattooed man. 

“Do you still wish we would’ve met at a different time?” Frank asked, his head resting on Gerard’s shoulder. 

“A bit, maybe at a cafe, or at a party like this.” Gerard said, “That would’ve been a lot cuter.” 

“Yeah, a less questionable story.” Frank said, “Hey! This is a good song.” He shot up, “Dance with me?”

“Frankie, you know I can’t dance.” Gerard whined, but stood up nonetheless.

“That’s the good part.” 

They ended up just spinning each other around for a bit, then swaying to the music they barely heard, Frank’s hands on Gerard’s hips and Gerard’s arms around his neck. 

“This is perfect.” Frank whispered, “Yeah.” Gerard agreed.