like 80% of the characters are introduced in this

“Thank You, for putting me on this earth, Thank You for gifting me the people I very dearly love. Thank You for gifting Mikey such good friends. Thank You, for blessing this earth and gifting Your wisdom to those who need it. Thank You, for letting me into Your holy house and treating me well, no matter how my past has looked,” Mikey could hear his brother ramble on. 

It was almost like white noise at this point, Gerard just Thanking God. Gerard Praying to God, Gerard talking to God, Gerard thinking that some random fucker in the sky was listening to him. 

But Mikey would never tell Gerard that, he’d probably get kicked out. And as much as all the damn religious paintings and statues scared him, it was better than where he lived before. Mikey physically shivered when he thought about it. 

“Thank You for listening, for being there when I need You. Amen.” Gerard finally finished, he walked out of his bedroom while tucking his rosary in the backpocket of his jeans.

“Gee!” Mikey said from the couch, sprawled out to cover the entire thing. “Yeah?” Gerard asked, leaning on the back of the couch to look at his brother, “Can my friends come over?” Mikey asked. 

“What are you, twelve?” Gerard teased, “It’s your apartment.” Mikey shrugged. “I don’t really care, don’t drink or smoke. The normal rules.” said Gerard. 

“So you DO care?” Mikey poked his brother, Gerard took a deep sigh, which Mikey knew meant he was asking God for patience, “I will say no.” Gerard concluded and walked into the kitchen. 

“Maybe I shouldn't.” Mikey said, trailing Gerard to the kitchen, “Why not?” Gerard asked, starting the coffee maker. 

“I mean, they’ve never seen you before. Might not like all the religious stuff.” Mikey reasoned. 

Gerard looked deeply troubled, his eyes flashing around the kitchen. 

“I’ll just take them to that cute cafe.” Mikey said, Gerard sighed again, this one was more of like a ‘Please tell me what to do’ sigh.

“We’ll see.” Mikey said, to which Gerard nodded. 

-

“MIKEY!!!” Frank shouted, running across the parking lot and tackling Mikey to the ground. 

“You fucker! Get off me!” Mikey shouted, pushing the smaller boy off, “Hi, Mikey!” Pete said, helping Mikey back to his feet. 

“Hey guys.” Mikey smiled. 

-

“Mikey please tell me you brought the shirt that I talked about.” Frank said when they had gotten their coffee.

“Oh fuck, I knew I forgot something!” Mikey said, resting his forehead to the cold white table. 

It probably wasn’t very clean, but that was a thought which hit Mikey a bit too late. 

“Again?” Frank whined, “Wait, I’ll just call Gerard.” Mikey said in realization. Taking his phone up and calling Gerard. 

Pete shot Frank a look that said, ‘WHO THE FUCK?’ which Frank responded with a ‘I HAVE NO IDEA’ look. 

“Hey Gee! Do you think you could get the shirt from my chair and like come to the cafe with it?” Mikey asked through the phone.

“Mikey are you serious? I even reminded you.” Gerard groaned, “I’m sorry, pleasee.” Mikey dragged the last ‘e’ out, just like annoying little brothers do.

“I’ll be there in ten.” Gerard said and hung up, Mikey knew Gerard wouldn’t be able to talk against him, because even as stubborn and mature Gerard always acted, Mikey knew he’d do practically anything for him, and Mikey would do almost anything for his brother. 

Gerard: I’m here now

Mikey: sweet

“Give me a second.” Mikey said and hurried to get Gerard. 

“Here, I’ll see you later.” Gerard said, handing his brother the shirt, “You’re not even gonna say hi?” Mikey asked stubbornly. 

“Your friends usually don’t like me.” Gerard argued, eyes nailed to the floor as always. Even though Gerard was older, he had always been the least social of the two brothers, “These are different.” Mikey assured him and grabbed his pale hand, pulling him to the table. 

“Pete, Frank, this is my brother.” Mikey said, Gerard nodded politely instead of waving, because Mikey still had a firm grip on his hand, probably to prevent him from bugging it and leaving. 

“You have a brother?” Pete asked, he looked shocked, and a bit betrayed. 

“Jesus, you hid your brother from us?” Frank asked, Gerard made a face at the mention of His name. Mikey felt it, because when Gerard made a face his entire body kind of stiffened and he always looked away, escaping whatever situation he was in.

“Fuck off.” Mikey said and sat down, pulling Gerard down with him. 

Gerard didn’t look out of place, his messy hair, sweatpants and black jacket mixed perfectly with the other boys' clothes.

“Do you want anything?” Mikey asked Gerard in a hushed tone, as much as he did pull Gerard into this he at least wanted to make up for it with some coffee or pastries.  Pete and Frank had started rambling on about how Mikey had never told them about his brother and how they’d never thought about it.

“I’m fine.” Gerard said, very intently staring at the rip on his jeans where his knee poked out. 

“What do you do for a living, Gerard?” Pete asked, Gerard took a deep breath, which Mikey identified as a ‘Please God just Help’ before he spoke, “I’m still studying.” He said simply.

“Oh? For what?” Frank piped up, “Uh, a priest.” Gerard said. This was always his least favorite part. 

Either they’d be cool with it, or not. 

And even Mikey knew Pete and Frank didn’t look very much like the guys who hung out with, hopefully, soon to be priests.

“That’s cool!” Pete said, despite what Gerard imagined him to say, “I didn’t know you had to do any studying for that?” He then said. Frank gave Pete an odd look.

“I’m in my second year of a seminary.” Gerard said, “I’m studying the bible and that stuff.” He said when he got an empty stare from Pete. 

“Oh! Is it fun?” Pete asked, “It’s my passion.” Gerard shrugged, Frank was quiet. Looking at Gerard in the same way Mary looks at Baby Jesus in all the paintings Gerard had. 

No one seemed to notice that though, Pete was too swallowed up in the fact that he was sitting face to face with a soon to be priest and Mikey was overly interested in the drink he totally stole from Frank when he went to the bathroom earlier.

Pete and Frank ended up following them home, Gerard walked straight into his bedroom. Not even taking his jacket off. The door closed with a loud bang.