Chapter 4

-Azriel's POV-

"What was that?" Feyre asked, looking around startled.

"What was what?" Cass asked, frowning at her.

"Did you not see that?" Feyre asked, looking unsure of herself.

A flash of light from outside and not the normal kind, magic.

"Az, go and check what is going on," Rhys told me, holding Feyre against him.

I got up and walked to the door, the air outside was warm, like it normally was this time of year.

I looked to one side of the manor, then turned my head. Dawn.

She was crying, her face red with anger. It couldn't have been her, right?

"Help!" she screamed through sobs when she saw me.

"I- I got angry at this guy for following me then a flash of light and- and." She was shaking.

I ran over and pulled her against me, she sobbed into my chest as I held her.

"I- I don't know what I did. Do I have magic? Am I normal?" She asked me while crying.

I looked at the male who had been chasing her, something seemed off about him. Her tears finally eased, and she looked up at me.

"Why are you here, shouldn't you be doing spy master things?" She whispered, her voice was raw, but she still managed to smile, slightly.

"I came to check what happened, why are you here?" I asked her, a little concerned.

"T- This guy started following me when I walked past a b- bar and- and" she stuttered as she began crying once more.

She was terrified of herself I realised, the magic she had just produced.

"I- I used magic" she whispered.

I just nodded, she needed to sort through her own thoughts.

"M- my mother and father d- didn't have magic. How c- can I have magic?" She sobbed, I knew she needed to talk to Rhys, but that could come when she had calmed down a little.

"Do you want me to walk you home or are you alright going alone?" I asked her gently.

She looked up at me with pure sadness in her eyes.

"What home? My mother kicked me out," she told me.

"What?" I blurted.

How could her mother kick her out?

"Uh, do you need a place to stay?" I asked once my swirling mind had calmed down a little.

"Well, I- I planned to sleep on a bench in the park," she admitted, looking down.

"No way are you doing that, come with me," I told her, offering her my arm.

"W- what?" She asked, stunned.

"You can stay with me," I told her, and her eyes widened.

"Who is she?" Amren asked when we walked back in.

Dawn was behind me; her eyes were red, and it was obvious she had been crying.

"I- I'm Dawn," she whispered, her voice so quiet that we could barely hear her.

"Do you know who we all are?" Rhys asked her, His arm still slung around Feyre's shoulders.

"I know who you are High Lord," she whispered once more, her eyes fixed on the floor.