Chapter 2

-Azriel's POV-

Something was wrong in Velaris. No one knows what it is though, not even Rhysand. The sky was darker than usual, and the air colder, almost winter like.

"Az, have your spies found anything?" Rhys asked.

"Not yet," I replied.

He sighed, disappointment gleamed in his eyes, and it crushed me.

"I will tell you when I find something," I hastily added.

"But what could it be? Hybern's dead," Rhys sighed.

"What if- no. Who else would do this? Tamlin hasn't done anything except brood in five years, and my spies in Spring have all said he is still in his beast form wondering his court." I told him and he distantly nodded.

"What if it's Beron, or the new ruler of Hybern?" Rhys asked, frowning.

"Hybern hasn't crowned anyone since Brannagh and Dagdan, died, there are no heirs left." I said with a sigh.

"So, no one is occupying Hybern's throne?" Rhys asked as he turned back to me.

"No."

Walking through Velaris is so calming. I don't get headaches from Cassian and Rhys; everywhere I look I see what Rhys has tried to keep hidden for his whole life. The city shows the 'evil' lord's true colours.

I stopped by the herbalist to get some pain medication for Mor and Feyre, in the six years they have known each other their cycles have slowly gotten closer and now they always started and stopped at the same time.

It was a little annoying for Rhys because Mor took over his side of their bed for the week they spent together, consoling each other. I shook my head at the thought.

This place has been open for many centuries and was Mor's preferred place to get pain meds. The owner recently retired, leaving his apprentice to man the shop on her own. The apprentice wasn't as swift as her old boss, but she knew where everything was.

"Anything else you'd like?" She asked, her deep blue eyes finding mine.

"Um, something for sore muscles?" I asked.

"Alright, I just need to get some from the back, I'll be right back." She said before disappearing.

What was I thinking? I didn't need things for sore muscles!

"We're out of stock but if you come back tomorrow, I'll have some more," she told me as she came back into the main part of the shop, she almost looked disappointed in herself, and I felt bad.

I opened my mouth to tell her it was fine, but she started speaking again as she sorted out the pain meds.

"Azriel, right?" She asked, not looking up.

"Yeah, I'm Azriel," I told her with a smile.

"I'll save some muscle stuff for you if you come back within a few days," she told me with a grin.

She looked so happy here, growing plants and helping people.

"I'll make sure I don't forget." I told her as I put the money on the counter.

She counted it then put it in the jar she keeps under the counter.

"Have a nice day," she said with a wide smile.

I sighed as I walked out the door, how could someone be so perfect?

"Did you get the painkiller?" Mor asked, looking hopeful.

"Yeah," I told her, putting it on the table.

"What about the stuff for muscles?" Cass asked, I guess I hadn't made that up.

"None in stock," I replied, being careful to keep my face blank.

"Alright," he replied, looking a little defeated.

"I heard the owner retired, who is taking care of the shop now?" Mor asked with a small frown.

"Remember the apprentice?" I asked, she nodded, "She owns the shop now."

"Is she nice?" Feyre asked from across the room.

"Yeah, she's sweet, I need to go back tomorrow to get the muscle stuff," I told them before leaving to think about the girl, whose name I still didn't know.

"I'm here for the muscle stuff," I said by way of greeting the next day.

"Alright, I'll just get it," she said before disappearing behind the curtained off back section of her shop.

I looked around the space, it was well lit and smelled like flowers.

"Here you go," she said with a smile, placing it on the counter.

"What is your name?" I asked as I paid, I needed to know.

"I'm Dawn."