3: Long walks

*Clarke's pov*

We finally made it to a lake that technically wasn't supposed to be here so when I see Octavia taking her cloths off and jumping to the water I say to Finn,

"There isn't supposed to be a river here" But I'm not minding anymore since now is y/n the one that's taking her clothes off to join Octavia. I check her out cause now she's only in a black spots bra and black shorts that are way too short, when I look back up I see her motioning me to go toward her and follow them. I was about to do exactly that with a smile on my face but when I look over to see Octavia emerge from the water and Jasper yell "Octavia get out of the water NOW!" My smile disappears seeing in the water a creature heading towards her fast. But before any of us could do anything, that thing captured her leg and was drowning her, pulling her deeper into the lake. I see y/n trying to push a big rock into the lake and run to help her.

"Help me move this rock so we can distract it and get Octavia out of the water!" She told the others.

As in cue, everyone began to help her push the rock and it made a big splash on the lake, capturing it's attention and we see the snake swimming fast towards the rock and I yell, "Octavia get to the shore now! Come on!"

Octavia starts swimming weakly seeing as the snake wounded her leg, and when she's about to make it she looses her strength and almost drowns. Jasper jumps into the lake in order to save Octavia, but we then see the snake heading over to where they were again, and y/n yells "It's going to you guys! Hurry!"
Thankfully, when the thing was about to get to them, Jasper managed to pull Octavia and himself safely to the shore. We all went and checked to see if they are okay, and when I'm checking the wound in Octavia's leg I see that it's bleeding and quickly realize I needed to use something to stop it from bleeding.

"Can someone give me a piece of cloth or something like that?"

"Yes, me, take it" y/n says ripping her shirt, leaving her in a bra once again. Maybe if I wasn't so concentrated I would be sta- wait, fuck fuck fuck I am staring wait no stop no no no NO stop right now.

I feel my cheeks burning and I look away, grabbing the piece of cloth from y/n's hand. I try to concentrate, but it's very hard when y/n is looking at me and my face, that makes my cheeks burn even harder if possible while putting pressure on the wound. I made a knot with the fabric around Octavia's leg so it wouldn't loosen up.

"Need any help beautiful?" Finn says with a smirk. What does he want, seriously? I mean I know what he wants, he wants to sleep with me, that's obvious.

"No, this beauty doesn't need your help, so move" I said waving my hand, signaling him to move out of the way.

"Whoa, okayyy don't be like that, I was just asking, is it that time of-" Before he could finish, I got up and slapped him, leaving him with an open mouth.

"Don't you dare say you didn't deserve it because you did, who do you think you're talking to like that? And if it is my time of the month does not concern you, and a little advice, if you ever want to be with a woman make peace with the fact that we don't need to be bleeding every time we're angry"

I hear him huff something before I turn around seeing everyone with their jaws dropped looking like they just saw a dinosaur, everyone except y/n, she's looking at me with a raised eyebrow. I just blushed a little and looked away before saying, "Come on, we have to go if we want to get back to camp soon" snapping everyone out of their thoughts and making them follow me, y/n started looking for a place to stay for the night.

*******************

It's been like 2 hours and we've passed for a couple of caves, but in them we only found a couple of angry bears or bodies stocked in piles. But were they really humans? I don't know and I honestly don't know if I want to. It's almost impossible that the human race has survived down here after the bombs exploted, from what I heard they died, everything alive died but our ancestors, which makes me think I was wrong seeing as all these bodies tell me otherwise. And if there are people that survived, I'll pray to whatever that is up there so they don't want to kill us, because if they do they most probably will and 100 teenagers aren't gonna be able to stop them from that. I mean, we don't even have guns! We are not equipped to fight a war against them, who probably do have something to defend themselves with. Anyway, that's not gonna happen cause I'm still 80% sure there's nobody down here but us, and that's great.

*******************

After about 3 hours walking and looking for a place to stay the night I hear Jasper yell, "Hey guys! Found something!" from a cave. We all get to were Jasper is and start walking inside the cave, looking around I see nothing and it's big enough for us to have some space.

"We're staying here and-" I get interrupted by Monty's stomach growling for the lack of meals in the whole day since now it's about 6 or 7 pm. That's when I see y/n get up from were she was sitting.

"I'll go hunting for some food... anyone wants to come?" She asks looking around and going over to the back of the cave.

"Me" I answer immediately. She comes back with a bow, a couple of arrows and a gun.

"Pick one blondie" She says with a smile. I blush and play back.

"I'll take the bow and the arrows princess" It's my time to smirk and her turn to blush. The others just laughed and I heard Jasper say to Finn who was besides him, "They're so cute... bet they'll end up together" and Finn respond "Bet they won't" in a whisper.

"Let's go beautiful princess" I say and grab y/n's hand pulling her with me.

"I am not a princess Clarke"

"No, but you act like it"

"No i don't!"

"You do when you're with me" She's so cute when she's blushing...

"Ugh come on let's go" She groans.

"Okay.... but I win" I say walking past her and pointing her with my finger.

"No, you don't I just don't want to waste more time 'cause I'm hungry"

"Sure, whatever you say..." I say turning around and feeling her presence besides me in the matter of seconds. I just let out a chuckle.

****************

After an hour we come back to the cave. We could find three rabbits and after y/n shot them we put them in a bag she carried, I couldn't catch any since I'm not good with the bow yet. I've never used one and it showed when it was y/n the only one that actually caught something. We walked inside to see the guys talking around a fire and Octavia in the other side of the cave playing with a stick. The second that we entered, everyone's eyes were on us and they relaxed when they recognized that it was only me and y/n. She showed them the bag where we kept the rabbits and they all cheered, we made our way to the fire but y/n kept walking until she reached a big stick and made some kind of structure to hang the rabbits over the fire so we are able to cook them, she placed it over the fire and with my help we put the rabbits in.

When they were ready, y/n took them out of the fire and put her jacket on a rock to make something similar to a table before she cut them. She got them in sticks and gave each of us one to eat.
After everyone had finished, we found our spots and went to sleep with the fire still burning to give us some kind of warmth in a cold night.