"I will- whatever. I'ma go buy this dress. Wait here, especially you, impatient heathen," she pointed at Kinney, then left. Kinney snorted while shifting his feet.

Out of nowhere, Cinder's stomach growled.

"Woah, are you hungry?" Kai teased. She playfully hit him and nodded, "Then we should get something to eat. Would you like to come Kinney?"

"No, I'm good."

"Ok."

"He probably wants a fruit cup, according to Iko," Cinder implied as they were walking away. She explained Iko once mentioning that Kinney loves fruit cups.

"Fruit cups?" he asked.

"I don't know why either."

"I mean they're healthy?"

"But there are so many other things that Earth has to offer, like pretzels."

"Do you want pretzels? Because I want pretzels."

"I want pretzels."

"Let's get pretzels," as they made their way to the pretzel stand, hand in hand, she suddenly felt like she was forgetting something.

"Wait. We can't be seen," Cinder blurted.

"Shit," they turned quickly and headed back to the dress store, where Iko still hasn't come out yet.

"Kinney," Cinder asked, "Can you buy some pretzels for us, please. We can't be spotted by the public because they would probably wring our throats for ignoring them."

"Of course, Your Ma-, Selene."

"Cinder," she corrected.

"Selene," Kinney smirked and walked away.

"AT first he would say it on accident and now he's saying it on purpose, like Thorne! I knew letting them hang out was a bad idea," ranted Cinder to Kai. He chuckled. Realizing they were still holding hands, she squeezed, "you know Kinney has been so uncomfortable with us. I feel so bad."

"It's not our fault if Kinney and Iko would rather banter than date."

She giggled, "good point."

The guard came back holding their pretzels (and a fruit cup) at the same time Iko finally exited the store. Iko eyed Kinney suspiciously as he handed the food to Cinder and Kai. He then started to eat the fruit cup.

"Nothing for me? So inconsiderate," she huffed.

"You can't even eat!" shot Kinney.

"That was the joke, Liam,"  he crossed his arms.

"Okay, maybe we should go now," Kai butted in, "It's getting late."

"It's 17:46 Kai, not that late."

"Well, maybe we should go before you two kill each other in front of everyone. We wouldn't want to cause a scene, right?"

"I agree with the Emperor. Plus, I'm bored," said Kinney, picking at his fruit cup again.

"What- not yet!" Iko sputtered, "We barely did anything! Cinder needs a pair of new shoes too."

"Oh, no, I'm good with the shoes. Don't worry about me."

"Fine! Let's go home! You're all party-killers," the android muttered the last part as she frustratingly made her way out of the building.

"Now I feel bad," said Kai.

"I don't. Let's go," Kinney replied. Cinder grabbed Kai's hand and headed down to the exit. Once they were outside, they found Iko standing by a hover glaring at them.

"Hey Kai, do you prefer blue or yellow?" the android asked.

"Blue?"

"Tie or bowtie?"

"Depends on what event is happening."

"Fancy event?"

"Tie."

"Okay, " Cinder realized what she was doing; she was online shopping. Cinder promptly began to laugh.

"What?" Kai asked, confused.

"She's shopping."

"Oh, " he began to laugh along with Cinder. He opened the hover door for her and she stepped in gradually. Kinney and Iko followed.

The ride back to New Beijing palace consisted of the two bickering like the lovers they were and Kai giving Cinder little kisses any chance he got, which Cinder appreciated. 

"I SWEAR IF YOU EAT ONE MORE THING IN FRONT OF ME-"

"IT'S NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL!"

"I WILL SHOOT YOUR ASS OFF!"

"You smell good," Cinder whispered. She was heavily leaning on him, mostly to get away from the fighting ragers.

"Iko gave me some new cologne," Kai admitted.

"IT IS TO ME!"

"Oh. Remind me to thank her."

"OH, WHO CARES!"

"Why?"

"Because no one wants a smelly fiancee."

"True."

"UGH, WHY ARE YOU SO DIFFICULT!"

"I'M THE ONE WHO'S BEING DIFFICULT?! REALLY?!"

"They're annoying," said Kai, not so secretly.

"Imagine living with them for two years."

"IMBECILE!"

"LOOK WHO'S TALKING!"

"I'm sorry," Kai began to snicker, making her join along. The screeching pair turned their volume down as they neared the palace. Cinder and Kai hid their laughter as they glared each other down. 

"We're here guys," pointed out Kai.

"Yeah, you go ahead. Kinney and I are going to have a word," Cinder and Kai left the hover and on their way back to the palace, she began to rethink the decision to leave the hover.

"You think leaving them alone is a good idea?" she asked.

"Nope. But they will work it out," he paused, "hopefully."

"Hopefully."

They walked through the grand palace doors, hand in hand, ignoring the possibility that all hell would break loose after leaving those two alone.