SEVEN

[EDITED]

"Our window verified the curse womb three hours ago. Once 90 percent were successfully evacuated, they made the call to seal off the center. Citizens within a 500-meter radius have been evacuated, as well" the four of you heard Ijichi's explanation. "Ijichi-san, question. What's a 'window' here"

"A window is a member of Jujutsu Tech who can see curses. They aren't sorcerers, thought"

"Oh, okay"

"Let's continue. Detainee Block 2. At present, five detainees remain there with the curse womb. If this curse wond is the type that metamorphoses, we predicted it will become a special-grade cursed spirit" special-grade.. You, Megumi and Nobara thought. "Hey, so.. I still don't really understand what 'special-grade' means" the three of you sighed.

"Then allow me to explain it so even idiots can understand. First, there's grade 4. A wooden bat is enough for them. Grade 3. If you have a handgun, you can rest easy. Grade 2. It'll be a close  call with a shotgun. Grade 1. Even a tank may be insufficient. Then there's special-grade. Let's say you might be on even footing if you carpet bomb it with cluster bombs "Ijichi explained to Yuuji who didn't know what. "That's real bad!" You see the three of them are worried about that. Normally a jujutsu sorcerer on par with the cursed spirit would take on the mission. On a day like today, that would be Gojo-sensei but we have Y/n" "M-me? Why?" You stuttered.

"Did you forget that your grade is special-grade? And Gojo-sensei said that you once killed one of the special-grade cursed spiri-" You put your hand on Megumi's mouth. "Don't tell them now!" You turn around, Yuuji and Nobara's eyes sparkle. "Oi, don't think of me as your savior"

"But your grade is special-grade!" Nobara's eyes sparkled like a baby's.

"So, where is Gojo-sensei?" Yuuji asked.

"Away on business"

"Huh?"

"He's not someone who should be loading around at the school in the first place. Again, we have Y/n" Fushiguro Megumi...! "Unfortunately we're constantly short-handed in this business. You'll often have to undertake missions beyond your power. The current case, however, is an abnormal one, and most urgent. Do not fight under any circumstances. If you encounter a special-grade, your options are to either run or die. Please just listen to your fears. Do not forget that your mission here is strictly the verification and rescue of survivors"

"Excuse me!" The woman's voice caught the attention of you five. "Excuse me, where's Tadashi?!"

"Stop! Stay back!"

"It's Tadashi.. Is my son Tadashi all right" the woman looked for her son. You see Yuuji sobbing. "Please calm down!"

"Let go of me!"

"Please stay back! It's dangerous!"

"She's a guardian who was here for a visit. Please step away. There's a possibility that someone has spread poisonous gas throughout the center. We cannot share any more details at this time" said Ijichi.

"No.. Why? Whiy is this happening?" The woman cried. "Fushiguro, Kugisaki, Y/n. We're gonna save them!" "Of course we are" you and Megumi nodded.

"Megumi-kun" you call Megumi as she looks at you. "Can you release your Shikigami?" He nodded as he release his white Shikigami. "Demon Dogs!"

" let us know if the curse gets close" "Oh, I see! Good boy, good boy! We're counting on you, okay?" Yuuji approached him and caressed him. You can't use your katana because it just sensed the curses. "Let's go" the four of you entered the building.

"Wait!" You stopped as Megumi told you to. "What is this?"

"Wh-what's going on in here?"

"This is a two-story dorm, isn't it?"

"C-c-calm down! It's a maisonette" Nobara was clearly panicked. You look around then behind you-. "Where's the door?!" They looked at the missing door. "Th-the door's gone!"

"How?! We just come in through here, didn't we. What do we do? Ah, what do we do about this?" Yuuji and Nobara turn around and the circle makes you chuckle. "It'll be fine. The dog remembers the scent of the entrance" Megumi tried to calm them down before you. "Oh, my! Good boy! Have some jerky!" Are they still children? "You are way too calm!"

"You really are dependable, Fushiguro. Thanks to you, we'll be able to rescue people and save yourselves, too" "Let's keep moving" They follow you from behind since they know you're the strongest of them. The four of you went to one place, there were humans, no, corpses leaning against the wall. Yuuji approached him as he saw his name. "That's... Three people, right?"

"Let's take this body back. It's that woman's son. His face isn't too badly mangled. His mother won't accept it if we tell her he's dead, but we don't have a body" Megumi took Yuuji's collar. "We have to find and verify two more. Leave that body behind"

"Quit joking around! We turn around, and the way we got in here was gone! We won't be able to come back for it later!" Enoug- Suddenly someone pulls you from behind. You didn't have time to ask for help.

"I didn't say to come back for it! I said to leave it behind! I have no intention of risking my own life to save someone I had no intention of saving in the first place!" Yuuji grabs Megumi's collar back. "No intention of saving him? What do you mean?!"

"This is a juvenile detention center. Jujutsu sorcerers are granted access to all information about the scene beforehand. This Okazaki Tadashi hit a little girl on her way home from school while driving without a license. It was his second offense of driving without a license. "I know you're stuck on saving lots of people and guiding then to proper deaths. But what are you going to do when someone you saved kills someone else in the future?"

"Then why did you bother saving me?!" Megumi was silent. "Cut it out! Christ, what are you two doing?! You're both idiots! Think about the time and place if you-" Nobara disappeared as she fell into a hole. "Kugisaki?" No way! Demon dogs should have sensed the curse! Megumi searches for it where the dog is but he sees the dog is dead. They both panicked. Y/n "Y/n-!" They now know that you're missing.

"Y/n's" "Gone?"