Fifteen

Sliding a little into the elevator, I hit the first floor button. My heart beating happily. I was nervous to see what it would look like. Finding the rental car, I got in and sped out my parking spot.

30 Minutes Later

Stopping, I turned the car off and got out. Looking up at the two floor Queenslander house. Behind me another car pulled up on the people's and stopped. Biting my lip to stop it from quivering, I walked towards it. Tears began falling as I got to the stairs. At the bottom of the steps, a slab of concrete had little hand prints in it between two other pairs of hand prints. Crouching down, I put my hand beside the little ones. "I'm home" I whispered happily.

Pulling off my shoes, I ran up the stairs. Opening the front door, I rushed inside. It was like I was transported in time. Stepping backwards through the front door and back out onto the front porch, I ran and slid down the hall in my socks. Just like I did as a kid. Smiling happily, I could see myself on dad's back, my arms out as he ran through the house on a rainy day. My mum yelling at us to stop but seeing me so happy she would stop arguing and join in. Following the hallway into the massive back room, I went straight to the back porch. Downstairs now was a pool and a spa with rock formations. The back patio, not as big as a new room has been added but it still wrapped around to the front porch. Downstairs also was converted into a studio apartment. Looking out onto the mountains I laughed happily. Closing my eyes, I outstretched my arms and just let my body feel the moment. The smell of the roses, the breeze blowing my hair lightly. Slowly hands wrapped around my body as the two boys held onto me. Putting my hands on their cheek, I smiled harder. I was home. This was my home... They were my home... I could see it all our kids running around, Delia and Grady's own kids running around with them. I was probably pregnant again. It didn't scare me even though I knew nothing of their pasts, that I still didn't know Jay's last name. As long as I had them I was okay with it. I was okay with the boys they were now. Their pasts weren't going to dictate how I felt about them.