Thomas - We Are Safe

" NEWT " she yelled. " Newt is dead. " her voice got lost in her sobbes. They needed to be faster. If she and Brenda would've ran faster, he would be alive.
" Thomas don't please" she saw Thomas making his way towards the big building where Teresa and Ava would be. He looked numb, a single tear in his cheek. He turned his face, looked at her for two or three second then started to run. He was going to get hurt. She wanted run after him but she couldn't move.
She held Newt' head and put onto her lap. Newt and she were like a brother, sister. He was always there when she needed, she was there when he needed.
" Newt... " she still couldn"t believe he was ded but nothing she could do about it now. She placed a soft kiss on his forehead. Minho and other came, Minho dropped down next to her, he wanted held him like she did but he wasn't able to. She wouldn't let him. Minho and Newt were close but it didn't matter at that time of point. She needed to hold his brother.
" Newt, you... you - " tears were everyone' face. " - Thomas. " she cried as she put her head on his chest. " Thomas... Thomas killed you. Oh god. " she felt every part of her body filling with sadness more than before. She didn't think it was possible.
Her love now was somewhere in the bulding, trying to kill Ava. She knew more than everyone, there wasn't any chance of him living a full happy life. He was always going to be broken, half, empty. " I'll promise to you Newt - " she tilted her head up. Looked at her brother'eyes. " i'll find a way to make him happy, i know you don't blame him" she was whispring and making sure her friends didn't hear her. " but he does, like i do blame me. I 'll take care of him and myself, just for you blondie." She cried and cried then minutes later she looked around saw now she was flying in some kinda plane.
Her eyes was on him, he looked like he was dying. Teresa was holding him. Y/n was in some kinda of trance, she didn't hear anything except buzzes. Everything was slow motion. Then she snapped out.
" Tommy! " she yelled, she wasn't crying anymore, no more tears left in back of her eyes.
" Y/n. " he whispered. He wanted to yell but there was no chance, he couldn't even stand up properly. She saw his lips moving around. She couldn't read what was he saying but she knew he heard her.
He held on Teresa more tightly.He wanted to live, didn't wante to leave her. There was no hope in him but he tried his best for her. He won't make it. All she could think was she promise to Newt, Thomas needed to live so she could heal while healing him. Someone reached out his hand, she didn't remembered who it was but they couldn't hold him, first try went bad.
" THOMAS PUSH YOURSELF, FOR ME " she yelled. Then there he was lying next to here, looking back to Teresa who was dying, slowly falling down to the ground. Yet again one more lost added to their list but it was more powerful for him. Last things she did was saving him... He shout out her name 'TERESA' , then fell unconscious.
She held him, put his head on her lap like she did with Newt. He wasn't dead. They finally were safe.
🌊
She woke up from her nap and heading back to Minho, Thomas hasn't woke up yet but everything was okay. People smiling, cooking etc.
" Hey y/n, this is from Newt to Thomas. I was gonna give it to Thomas myself but you should give it. " he smiled to me, his smile was broken like her, Thomas', Fry' and everyone' but atleast there was a smile on their face. She smiled back and grabbed the necklace.
"Does it still smell like him. " she asked to Minho when she noticed he was wearing Newt' jacket.
" Not anymore... All dust and dirt. " he replied.
She got up and hugged him. That moment was their bonding after that Minho acted like Newt without knowing it. He filled the space that Newt left. She was so thankful. " I'm always here, i won't leave. " he said. He never left and kept his promise. He hugged her tightly until they saw Thomas. He was awake, trying to take in everything. His lost mostly...
" Minho he woke up, look. " she said. They let go the hug. Minho turned his face to look at Thomas. She watched him, she read all his pain in his eyes once again. Minho and Thomas looked at each other. Once they were three but now just two. They lost their best friend, they lost blondie. They hugged, Thomas closed his eyes, he was trying to hold his tears back. Minho just helding his buddy. Hug lasted long but soon enough they let go. Thomas walked to her. Just a single tear rolled down his cheek. He was happy, she was still with him. He didn't lose her. " I'm sorry. " she mouthed. He held her shoulders looked at her eyes. He slowly but his forehead to hers. Moments later his arms sneaked around her waist, pulling her to him. She sneaked her arms like he did. " I'm sorry. " she whispered, she was crying. Thomas wanted to put her inside of his heart, so she couldn't get her but he couldn't. All he could was pull her close, but there wasn't any space between them even that he continued to pull her in." Me too. " he whispered back. He wasn't going to say ' it's okay ', ' don't be sorry, it wasn't your fault ' cause he knew better than anyone it wouldn't make him or her happy. " I love you. " he said. He loosened his grip, then cupped her face. He dried every tear. " I love you. " he said once again. She was going to say it back but he pressed his lips onto hers. He kissed her softly and slowly. Once they broke the kiss, she cupped his face like he did. " I love you too, we're safe now. " she said. They were okay, maybe later everthing could go wrong or anything but they were okay now. " We are... " he softly said.
A quick pain washed over his face. It was his wound. " You're okay ? " she asked then her hand found his wound. " Yeah, i'll be fine. " he smiled, showing he was okay but she didn't believed him. She held his hand. " Let's check are you okay or not. " she said bossily. Thomas chuckled quietly. " What ever you say my love, whatever you say. " he said. They gave to be exact he gave quick 'hi's to everyone than headed back to their hut.
She cleaned his wound and placed a soft kiss. He smiled to her action. She always did this in maze. There would be always some bruise or injury on his body. When he blushed because her kisses, she would kiss his forehead then lay on his lap. He would always held her very tightly and he would kiss her head, take her smell in. That was they were doing now. He put millions of kisses on her temple, hair, cheeks... She smiled. After everthing they always together.
" Thomas. " she pulled out the letter Newt left behind for his best friend. "Yeah, beautiful? " he replied. " Minho gave it to me, it is from Newt to you. It's ummm.. it's a letter for you. " he looked at the letter, he wanted to read it by himself but his eyes were teary, he couldn't see it. " You want me to leave? " she asked, kissed his cheek. "No please don't. " he replied quickly, then he handed Newt' letter back to her. " Can you read for me, please? " he asked. She started reading it. They both cried together. It was their goodbye to him. A proper goodbye. He hugged her, trying to bury himself in her arms. He looked small, tired. Until Thomas calmed down they didn't say a word. They hold each other and never let it go.
She helped Thomas, Thomas helped her. After two years in Safe Heaven, they were finally, honestly, completely, truly happy. He kissed her forehead every morning when she woke up, watched her sleep, listened her laugh. She kissed every mole he had on his face, sometimes she counted them.