It Was Always You

Sooo since I couldn't contain my feels from Adam's "Blind Audition", this idea came to my mind.. I hope you like it! Love y'all! <3
-Jane

As Adam was watching the premiere of the Voice with Blake and Miranda, his phone vibrated indicating that he got tagged in some tweets from his fans.
As he was scrolling down his feed, one tweet caught his attention. It was from Christina. It read:

"I can’t even be mad about losing Travis, because I’m still laughing about him agreeing with Adam on being an idiot #HesNot #iactuallylovehim "

As he read the tweet, his face expression changed from frowning to grinning in a matter of seconds.
"Does she really love me?"  "The Christina Aguilera loves me?"
Adam thought with a grin on his face.
But when Blake looked at him, he asked annoyed:
"What?"
"Why do you look like creep?" Blake asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Shut up Blake!"
"It's Christina, isn't it?" Blake asked even though he already knew the answer.
Adam looked at him and blushed. "Is it that obvious?"
Blake laughed but after Adam glared at him he sobered and said: "Of course it is! The way y'all look at each other, and you broke up with Behati for her! If that isn't enough then I don't know."
"Do you think I would have a chance to date her?" Adam asked.
"You'll never know until you try! I mean she's Christina freaking Aguilera! That girl can be taken in a matter of seconds!"
"Okay I get it cowboy! I have to go. Bye!" Adam said as he stood up and started running to his car. Blake just grinned and rolled his eyes.

***At Christina's house***

Christina was laughing at a comment Adam said when she watched an episode of The Voice, but something interrupted her.
It was the door bell.
She sighed and walked to open the door.
When she opened it, she was surprised to see Adam's grinning face.
"Hey Adam! Not to be rude but what are you doing here at 9PM? Christina asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Well, you know.. I was just going on a walk and then I decided to pay you a lovely visit Ms. Aguilera. By the way thank you for inviting me inside!" Adam smirked.
"Oh.. Come inside you dork!"
After they went inside, they both sat on the couch.
After a while of awkward silence Adam spoke.
"So I've read your tweet."
Christina looked at him nervously and asked:"Which one?"
"The most recent one." Adam was still grinning from ear to ear.
Christina just blushed.
"Is it true?" Adam asked her, now being all serious.
"What?" Christina asked even though she already knew the question.
"Do you really love me?"
"Of course I love you Adam! I mean we're friends.." Christina started but Adam interrupted her.
"No, I mean like do you have feelings for me?"
Christina just looked at him and blushed.
There was no point in denying.
She looked at her fingers and whispered:" Yes."
Adam placed his fingers under her chin and lifter her face gently so she looked at him and then he said: "Really?"
"Yes. I love you, but I can't have you." Christina said as she started tearing up.
"Why can't you have me Christina?" Adam asked confused.
"Because you don't love me and what will everyone say about it?And..." She began to say but Adam interrupted her.
With a kiss.
At first Christina was shocked, but after a while she relaxed in his arms and kissed him back.
When they released Adam said: "I love you Christina! I have always loved you! Since I laid my eyes on you, I knew that you were the one for me. But I thought that I wouldn't have a chance with you, so I started dating Behati. But recently I told myself that I will try and take a chance with you, so I broke up with her and when I heard about you and Matt I was happy that you're finally single. And when you tweeted that you loved me, I couldn't breath. I thought that this was all a dream, but no. This is all real and I'm not gonna stand here and let the opportunity pass because I'm an idiot, so I'm gonna ask you this only once. Christina, will you give us a chance?" As Adam finished Christina was sobbing.
She wrapped her arms around his neck and said: "Of course I'll give us a chance Adam. I love you."
Adam pecked her lips and said: "I love you too baby. I love you too." And with that they kissed passionately.

Only friends in my mind
But now I realize,

It was always you