25. Lover's quarrel

Start from the beginning

King Shark gasps. "I thought we were friends, or at least coworkers with a begrudging professional respect." 

Psycho uses his power to force King Shark's most embarrassing memory to play out for everyone to see.

"Nanaue, play nice with your brother." King Shark's father says as  his memories reveal himself as a younger shark, bullying his younger brother until he scrapes his knee. This causes a bleed that sends the younger King Shark into a feeding frenzy,  

"Blood! The young King Shark cries at which point he rips his younger brother to shreds in front of his father's horrified expression.

 "No! What are you doing? That's your brother!" The father cires.

 "My lord! You devoured your kin like an amuse-bouche!" Clayface says as King Shark hides his face.

"Holy hell! I thought we were gonna see you crap your pants, but that is dark, man." Dr Psycho says amused. 

A Parademon falls through the ceiling now and projects a towering, angry hologram of Darkseid. "Have you procured the head of Harley Quinn?" 

"Funny you should ask. I am procuring as we speak." Psycho says to the projection but Riddler notices something on a tv that alarms him. "Any minute now, her head is gonna come rolling through the door like a bowling ball with a bad dye job." Psycho continues. 

"Ahem!" Riddler says tapping Psycho's shoulder, "Sorry to interrupt. Um, apparently, Batman and his super friends destroyed the Parademons, and are, um..." Riddler clears his throat. "... are coming here." 

"Fuck!" Psycho screams.

"You express fear and displeasure." Darkseid notes. 

"No! Everything's fine." Psycho quickly lies. "That was a happy "Fuck". It's a great word. You can use it many different ways. Like "Fuck, yeah!" or, "Let's Fuck". 

"Harley Quinn swore an oath to me and failed. Now you have sworn the same oath. I shall appear at nightfall to collect someone's head. It is your choice whose." Darkseid informs him.

"No problem, no biggie! Now, is that my nightfall or where you are? 'Cause time zones across planets and dimensions are like wah, wah, wah, wah, wah..." Psycho says but the projection ends. "Okay."

Clayface laughs triumphantly now. "You've stepped in it now, Psycho. A big, fresh wet one! ♪ The Justice League to the rescue! ♪ Huzzah!"

"No way that helmet's powerful enough to control Superman's funky alien brain." King Shark says to him. 

♪ The Justice League comes to get us ♪ 

♪ Free us all ♪ 

"He might be right. If the Justice League reach the mall, uh, game over." Riddler says. 

"Shut up, Debbie Downer, it's not game over. It's game on! Ha! We got a new plan. We're gonna kill Harley Quinn, but first we gotta kill the heroes. Kill the heroes, kill Harley, rule Earth!" Psycho says as his eyes begin to glow.

Kiteman touches down on the balcony to his apartment as he opens the door. "Welcome to the old Kite-tress of solitude. Sorry about the mess. My, uh, roommate leaves stuff everywhere." He says to Harley as they make their way inside  

"Chuck? Good you're back."  A voice says as they come into view now and both Kiteman and Harley can see Y/n "...Harley?" 

Harley takes a moment to look at Y/n before her brow furrows. "Where the fuck have you been!?" She asks.