18. Batman's Back man

Really sorry if there is any mistakes. Haven't had time to review this one as been bedridden with a cold. 

Laid in bed asleep at Wayne manor was Bruce Wayne. His eyes shot open however as he finally awoke from his coma. He strained as he sat up and something in his back cracked painfully revealing he was not in a good shape. Bruce ignores this however as he slowly rises and travels across the room using furniture to support himself. He soon makes his way to a pair of curtains. He opens them to see Gotham looking back to normal and he lets out a sigh of relief. It is short lived however as he notices something is not right, he goes to touch the window causing a cutout of Gotham to fall down revealing the real Gotham behind it as Bruce looks in horror. "Alfred!" He cries out as he falls to the floor unable to push himself back up. 

Alfred enters the room now holding a tray of tea with sandwiches. "It's not as bad as it looks. Why don't you come back to bed? I've made you a cup of honey tea and pigs in blankets." 

"I don't want pigs in a blanket. I want to fight crime." Bruce says childishly as he crawls on the floor before he sighs. "I will take that honey tea." 

"Let's get you back to bed, Master Bruce. You need your rest." Alfred says as he sets down the tray to the side and begins to aid Bruce. 

"I've rested enough. Gotham needs Batman." Bruce says grumpily. 

"And it will get him, once he's made a full physical recovery. In the time you were in a coma, 312 new television shows came out. What say we be binge buddies?" Alfred says hoping to take Bruce's min off of Gotham.

"Get me Jim Gordon." Bruce says.

"We needn't bother Mr. Gordon. He's making sure law and order are returned to the city." Alfred assures him.

Jim was now stood in Bruce's living room. "We are so fucked! It's a shit show out there! I saw a dog kill a man on the street, and then I saw the dog do other things to that man. What, have you been in a coma these last few months?" He asks Bruce.

"No. I've been doing stuff." Bruce replies.

"Ah! You playboys, always doing stuff. Must be nice." Jim says as he takes out a notepad. "Now, I brought a list of things I need you to pay for, so I can take back the city. One, police officers. Two, a codpiece that I can wear that opens up and shoots a tiny missile." 

"That doesn't exist." Bruce says to him.

"Not yet. That's where you and your fat wallet come in." Jim points out. 

"Mr. Wayne is not going to bankroll your imaginary..." Alfred starts.  

"Tone it down there, limey." Jim interrupts him. "Now, look, I'm the only one who can save the city. At least, since the Bat abandoned us." 

"Are there no heroes left in Gotham?" Bruce asks.  

"Just a couple of amateurs popping off." Jim says as he takes out his phone and hands it to Bruce. "Take a look. This Yankee doodle dandy in a powdered wig calls himself "The Macaroni." As in... ♪ Stuck a feather in his hat... ♪ And you know the rest." 

"That wig's a walking "kick me" sign." Bruce comments.

"If you think that's bad, check out the broad in the bat suit." Jim says swiping his phone screen to show another hero. "They're calling her Batgirl." He announces and Bruce looks a little shocked. "That's futile. These lightweights aren't prepared to go mano y mano with Two-Face or Bane. Without Batman, people don't have the balls to fight back."