XVI. Just Being Friendly

Start from the beginning

"Ah whatever! Enough talking about your boyfriend like you're putting him in a pedestal. I get how whipped you are now. I'm sick of listening to it." He was stomping like a child when he came back to sit beside me once again.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked when he surveyed his gaze from the top of my hair down to my feet, his stare sizing me up. He suddenly pulled the collar of my shirt with his fingers and looked down inside for my neck and chest. I immediately pushed him away roughly crossing my arms infront of my chest attempting to cover myself. My reaction will look hilarious to anyone who sees it.

"Shameless Mark. You are shameless! I don't know mosquitoes in thailand have human teeth." The side of his mouth twitching as if he was so disgusted of me.

"Whose telling you about mosquitoes? You're too smart to be outwitted. Why would I even try denying about this marks? I'm just hiding it from you because I don't want you to feel more lonely." I smirked at him and enjoyed watching his annoyed reaction.

"You are still Mark, Mark! Plain Savage!" He cursed. Yes. I'm glad to hear that from Kana. I'm afraid I loose my true self already.

We talked more after that. Mostly our topics lingered between Saya, P Vee and my mother. He said he wanted to visit my mom before he goes back to Japan.

He told me Saya is about to debut in Korea soon. And before that happens, she also plans on visiting me in Thailand. She'll do this hoping that she could still bring me back in her life. I told Kana that would be impossible.

The University is having a fair for the freshies that would last for a week. There would be various activities and club exhibits all around making the atmosphere in the campus more lively. I invited Kana and introduced him to Pran and Jane. It was a good thing that niisama's friends are taking extra English classes and they easily conversed with Kana using that language.

"You are so handsome Kana kun. You are really a model material! Do you have a girlfriend back in Japan?" Jane was batting her eyes coming a little closer to Kana. My stupid friend gave her his sweetest smile making her swoon more. Pran was shaking his head when he pulled Jane back at his side.

"How can you ask him that? It's rude to ask that so someone tou just met." Pran scolded Jane who wasn't able to remove her eyes from looking at Kana's face.

"No it's ok Pran. I don't have a girlfriend but I am already liking someone." Kana responded while throwing a quick glance at me. Jane and Pran caught this gesture and exchanged meaningful glances between them.

"Oh! Is that right Kana kun? Is that someone from Japan or from Thailand?" Jane asked.

"Japan. That someone is a Japanese citizen Jane chan." Kana smiled at Jane more broadly. Clever answer coming from the smartest person beside me. He didn't have to lie. He answered truthfully without making anyone feel awkward. Jane and Pran sighed in relief.

"Smooth right?" Kana whispered to me smirking when Jane and Pran walked ahead of us. I just glared at him.

"Mas! Let's take Kana to the booths! Oh I know! Let's visit our own booth! The karaoke set up by the seniors is pretty interesting!" The three of us are members of the music club. Apart from the battle of the bands organized by our club, we also set up a karaoke machine in one of the empty classroom for the entertainment of the club members."

"Karaoke? Wow! I want to sing Mark! Let's sing together!" Kana was shaking my arms frantically like a child who want something real bad.

"English! Speak in f*cking english Kan! You are making my friends feel indifferent everytime you start blabbering in Japanese!" I told him darkly but he just let go of my arm and moved forward to grab Jane's. He started conversing in english right away asking about the details of the karaoke booth and the upcoming battle of the bands. Jane and Pran were too happy to feed his curiosity. I can't help feeling happy to see Kana feeling comfortable with my new set of friends.