Chapter 56 Duplication (7)

Start from the beginning

In an abstract sense, all subjects are mathematics. In fact, the bottleneck restricting the development of these subjects is often because the academic circle has not yet produced a suitable mathematical theory for it.

However, this was not a problem.

Among those engaged in computers, he was engaged in algorithm, and among those engaged in algorithm, he was good at mathematics.

——This lecture took a long time. After he finished explaining the basic model, he applied some substantial improvements.

It would be presumptuous to say that he completed the improvements in just two hours. In fact, the paper he saved that day, and planned to use as a conversation topic for his future chats with Dong Jun was in a field related to the Duale model, so the inspiration had already been brewing since a day ago.

But he would never admit this to these people. He had to let these people admire him, and then they would realize that Dong Jun didn't just bring a vase holding a cat – Lin Xun's level represented Dong Jun's face.  

During the course of his explanation, the majority of people in the room had already given up, based on their expressions and actions – probably because they did not have the corresponding mathematical foundation, much like the fact that you can't expect a person who doesn't know matrices to understand abstract algebra. Only four or five people, including Dong Jun and Jiang Yun, persisted to the end.

When he finally finished speaking, Lin Xun let out a sigh of relief. He looked at Dong Jun and saw the slight smile in his eyes.

Lin Xun, "That's it."

Jiang Yun seemed to hesitate for a while, then began to applaud earnestly. 

The rest — those who gave up along the way — followed the crowd and began to clap blindly.

"I still need to digest it, but it is theoretically feasible." Jiang Yun said, "Are you a new member of our team?"

"No." Lin Xun said, "If Mr. Jiang has any follow-up questions..."

"He has his own project." Dong Jun said lightly, "I'll do it later."

Jiang Yun, "...oh."

Lin Xun smiled.

After another small discussion, the meeting finally ended, and the cat returned to Lin Xun's arms. He followed Dong Jun and went out. Before leaving, he looked back at the meeting room and saw that those people were still watching them from the same position.

Lin Xun, "..."

The meeting went on for a long time, and it was already passed lunch time, so Dong Jun took him out for a meal to make up for it.

During the meal, Pointer kept meowing. After meowing at Dong Jun, it meowed at Lin Xun again.

It was hungry. 

But the cat food and snacks were in the car.

Lin Xun,"Do you have any other arrangements this afternoon?"

After speaking, he discovered that he used the honorific "you" again.

"No." Dong Jun said, "Should I drive you back? Then I'll take Pointer home."

Lin Xun thought for a while, then replied, "Then sorry to trouble you."

Along the way, Lin Xun continued to talk about the model with Dong Jun.

——And in between their conversation, he was also replying to Qi Yun's messages.

Ji Yan Sect-Fei Hong: Do you fucking want to stand me up

A happy pointer: I am contributing to humanity's scientific knowledge.

Ji Yan Sect-Fei Hong: Then you fucking wasted my precious time to contribute to human art

A happy pointer: We will squat outside of that kid's home when school lets out at five o'clock.

Ji Yan Sect-Fei Hong: Okay I will believe you again and I will continue to record the video

A happy pointer: ? Did you do other things too?

Qi Yun was silenced. 

The journey back only took a short time, perhaps because of the theory of relativity. Before Lin Xun felt the passage of time, he had already arrived at Chaoyang community.

He actually wanted to continue talking to Dong Jun.

Dong Jun, "Actually, I wanted to invite you to my place as a guest."

After a short pause, he said, "But you seem to have other things to do."

"Actually, I also..." Lin Xun lowered his eyes slightly. "But... see you tomorrow."

Dong Jun, "See you tomorrow."

Lin Xun got out of the car and closed the door. The window was fully open. He saw Dong Jun looking at him and said, "You were great today."

Lin Xun smiled, then looked at Dong Jun and said, "Goodbye, Mr. Dong."

Dong Jun smiled.

The window rose and the black Bentley drove away smoothly.

After seeing Dong Jun leave, Lin Xun immediately went to his own little Jetta, and the destination was the strange older lady's house.

Zhao Jiagou poked his head out of the window. "Where are you going to fool around again?"

The voice disappeared as Lin Xun moved farther and farther away from him.

When he arrived at the destination, Qi Yun hadn't arrived yet. Lin Xun sat down on the bench downstairs to wait for Qi Yun while waiting for Ming Ming to return from school.

At this time, he found that there was another man on the bench who was wearing a peaked cap and was dressed mysteriously.

There was vigilance in his heart, but when he took a closer look, he saw that the person looked a little familiar — Wasn't this Officer Zhou from the Chaoyang District Armed Police Brigade?

He stepped forward, "Officer Zhou?"

Officer Zhou, "Comrade Lin?"

"It's me." Lin Xun asked, "Why are you here?"

Officer Zhou, "I'm here to investigate a major case."

Officer Zhou continued, "Comrade Lin is here to be an enthusiastic citizen again?"

Lin Xun, "Yes...yes."

He heard the system prompt: The favorability of the Third Armed Police Brigade of Chaoyang District has increased by another 10 points.