He has returned

Seven awoke to the calming sound of rain, but he wasn't wet... no... he was warm and comfortable.

He opened his eyes to see Mono leaning against the wall his eyes closed listening to the rain's song.

Seven smiled softly and nuzzled against him. Mono let out a quiet noise and held Seven closer to him.

They could sleep a little bit longer... nothing was trying to kill them and this may be a bit of peace before the storm...

꧁꧂

Mono awoke and realized how much time had passed. His body felt rejuvenated and he felt like he could teleport anywhere he wanted to. No matter the distance.

Mono gently shook Seven slightly. "Sev, we need to get moving now. We've been asleep for a while."

Seven stirred but didn't really want to wake up. "But I feel so comfortable! Can't we stay just a little longer?" Seven said looking at Mono with puppy dog eyes.

"We've slept a whole day! How much longer do you want?!" Mono cried clearly teasing, but he started laughing when Seven sat up quickly and exclaimed. "A WHOLE DAY?!"

Mono was laughing so hard he fell over. Seven stopped to look at how beautiful Mono was and smiled fondly. He knew how much he gave to get Seven here, and how little he gained. He hoped that he could make it up to Mono one day soon... just to show how grateful he was to him.

Mono eventually stopped laughing and at this point Seven was wide awake and ready for travel. Mono started to walk ahead to check for any dangers, but he realized something rather quickly... Seven was not behind him.

Mono immediately ran back to go and look for Seven, worried that he had misjudged the place he wanted them to stay thinking now it was a dangerous place, but that was not the case. Seven was sitting on the floor still, but was just a little bit further from where he was last. "H-hey Mono."

"Seven, are you alright?" Mono said kneeling down beside Seven.

"No. When you pushed the glass jar over and it shattered... I think a piece was jammed into my leg." Seven explained looking over at his right leg that seemed to be flowing freely with blood.

"Seven! Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" Mono asked quickly rummaging through his pockets for bandages or ointment.

"It didn't hurt before I started walking... the wound opened again when I fell." Seven said watching Mono intently.

Mono looked up at Seven for a moment and quickly said after he had a firm grasp on the shard of glass. "This is going to hurt."

"This is going to wha- AAAHHH!!"

Mono quickly puled out the shard and placed a cloth dripping with ointment on Seven's wound. Seven cried out again to the new painful sensation. Mono hushed him gently while he wrapped the the cloth in bandages. Once Mono had finished with that, he pulled a crying Seven into a loving and soft embrace to try and calm him down. At first Seven showed no signs of stopping and Mono was totally okay with that because having something that painful happen to you would cause you to cry for hours.

Eventually though, Seven did stop crying. His wails came to a stop and were replaced with hiccups and the occasional whimper. Mono pulled away from Seven to look him in the eyes. "You feeling better after crying?" He asked.

Seven nodded.

Mono wrapped Seven's arms around is neck and hoisted up on his back. "I know where we're going and just so you don't get hurt anymore... I'm going to carry you."

Seven smiled and the started off on their journey.

꧁꧂

Seven and Mono had arrived at the the last place that the signal tower was.

Mono set Seven down gently and walked up to the rubble of the fallen tower.

"Where is it?!" He cried.

"Where's what?" Seven asked continuously looking around trying to find what Mono was looking for.

"The signal tower! It's not here! It's gone!" Mono cried. "We were supposed to be safe here... but where is the place we're supposed to call home."

Seven thought and his mind brought up a memory he had when he was in the doctor's grasp. "It collapsed! The doctor said that the signal tower was destroyed because it didn't have a master. I didn't understand what he meant until now."

"'It didn't have a master..?'" Mono asked.

Seven nodded.

Mono turned to where the building stood previously and lifted his hand.

A glitchy aura surrounded him and suddenly the bits and large walls that had fallen began to float and return to their previous positions. The tower began to reform and Seven sat in awe.

Once Mono was done he fell to his knees and Seven rushed over as fast as he could. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine. Wh-what do you think?" Mono asked breathlessly.

Seven looked up at the looming tower and smiled. "It's amazing. I'll never understand how you do that."

Mono chuckled and scooped Seven up in his arms. Seven yelped and wrapped his arms around Mono's neck. "Please warn me next time..."

Mono barked out a laugh again and carried him inside.

They walked down the hallway into a large room with multiple doors that lead every which way but Mono knew what he was doing and took Seven into a room that was huge and spacious.

"This is yours." Mono said.

Seven looked at him in surprise. "All this for me."

"Of course. You deserve this."

Seven smiled feeling his tiredness catch up to him. He laid down and Mono gave him a kiss on his cheek and left the room.

Seven felt safe and something that should have made him unsettled actually made him very calm and safe.

The walls...

They whispered...

They spoke of their master...

"He has returned."

//

Thank you all for reading this crappy story and I hope you liked it!!

This will be the last chapter...

Again thank you so much for reading this!!!

See you soon! Bye!!!

Word count - 1, 032 (wow that was short -_-)