The truth

Seven was placed on a table still caged like an animal. He still cowered in the corner and would move to a different one when the hunter would try to get a look at him. "Where did you come from..? You are not from around here." Seven stayed quiet and curled up further. "Hm yes, the person who kidnapped you wouldn't get you to talk very much."

"What do you even want from me..?" Seven whispered.

"Unlike my brother I do not wish to kill you. I don't even really want you here so I'll most likely let you go." He said. "All I want is to avenge my brother's death and your footprints are not as small nor as big as the ones I saw... so I can easily mark you off my list."

Seven let out a small barely audible sigh of relief. "Then why don't you just let me go sooner? You said I have nothing to do with your brother..."

"Every good hunter has to have good bait and I just happened to punt your little friend across my porch..." Seven blinked at the hunter. "And I'm going to bet he's going to want to find you and I want to ask him some questions to see if he was involved with my brother."

Seven hid his face. He knew who killed the hunter... Mono and Six did. He knew if he told the new hunter that Mono had killed his brother then he would kill Mono. This hunter had a vengeance and he didn't want it pointed towards Mono...

Seven was lost in thought as he was yanked around in the cage again. "Where are you taking me?"

"You're bait. You're going to get me your friend, but I don't need you conscious."

Seven gasped as he was shaken around inside the cage. He tried to hold onto one of the bars but ended up running into one and blacking out.

"You will serve you purpose."

-~-~-

Mono shook his head as he sat up... which was stupid because it made his headache worse.

He must've passed out again. He knew what he needed to do, he needed to get Seven back.

He suddenly heard the door open and he dived for a hiding spot. He watched the hunter closely as he combed through the grass trying to spot him.

"I'll find you later little one... I have what you want and you may have what I want."

Mono thought of how he would get inside an get Seven back without the new hunter spotting him and taking him too.

Mono followed the hunter closely so he could get inside without being captured. He immediately ducked behind a pile of shoes.

The hunter went to grab a cage that held Seven inside. He was completely still, limply laying in the cage.

It took all of Mono's strength not to jump out and go to Seven but he could smell a trap... he needed to wait.

He trailed behind the hunter quietly yet quickly as he monologued to Seven as to why he was doing this to him... even though he knew Seven wasn't conscious.

"I was just looking for my brother when I saw shell casings from his shotgun... empty of course from shooting at something. I followed along the trail and spotted ways that he broke through places to get where he wanted to go... and I spotted tiny footprints."

Mono thought back to when they killed the hunter. Him and Six ran through not thinking about where they left impressions on ground or around them. They were just trying to survive... Mono didn't want to kill the hunter he didn't want to kill anyone... it was against his nature he hated seeing things that were dead.

"I saw holes where bullets where shot into trunks of trees and boxes. Then I was lead to the shed... where I saw his body. And as I looked around in the shed I saw the dust and dirt and I saw fingerprints all over the gun. Two of the little things he found interest in... had killed him in cold blood. But now I'm going to find out the truth I just need to find your little friend."

Mono let out a shaky breath. He moved backwards and a twig snapped under his foot. He gasped and hit the deck before the hunter could see him. The hunter had turned to see what made the noise but saw nothing, so he grabbed his gun and went to investigate... but Mono didn't realize that he was looking the whole time.

Once Mono saw that the hunter was out of sight he ran straight for Seven. He held him gently in his arms and shook him lightly. "Seven... come on wake up. We need to go!"

Seven groaned and his eyes fluttered open and gasped as he saw Mono. "No! You can't be here! It's a trap!"

"I know..."

Seven gasped and held on tighter to Mono as the cage's door slammed shut and they where moved upwards quickly and the fell to the ground of the cage before regaining their balance.

Seven whimpered as the hunter investigated what took his bait and entered the cage. "So, you are the one I just happened to let get away? Do you know anything about my brother?"

"I-" Mono was interrupted.

"No! H-he was with me the whole time! He didn't do anything wrong!"

The hunter looked at Seven saying as though he believed the small boy clad in blue, but soon he looked over at the other wearing dark olive green.

"You sounded like you needed to say something. I'm not going to stop you... what did you want to say?"

Mono let out a small quiet breath gathering whatever courage he had in him and spoke up for the mistake he made over and over again. "I did it."

"No..." Seven whispered.

"What... did... you... do..."

Mono let out shuttering breath and continued. "I did it. Me and my friend just wanted to leave I didn't want to kill him! Really I didn't!... but she wanted too. She said that it would be best if we ever came back..."

"And here you are..."

"I-I-I didn't want too..."

"Please he told me he didn't want to do it I was just protecting him... as he protects me..." Seven said still holding tightly to Mono.

"I will let the blue one free. But the other has to stay and suffer the consequences."

Seven gasped and proceeded to cry out. "No! Please no! He promised to stay with me!"

Mono hushed Seven as they were set on the ground and they walked out... the hunter didn't like that... "Hey kid! Get back in the cage!"

Mono growled quietly. "Can you allow me at least one more moment with him?! I'll never be able to see him again..."

The hunter looked to be in deep thought then nodded. "I would want at least one more moment with my brother and I'm not as heartless as you..."

Mono sighed. "Listen, I know I promised to stay with you but I have to make amends with my past... I see you soon... this I promise."

"But..."

"It'll be okay."

"Okay..." Seven whispered so quietly that he was barely heard.

//

Hello..!

I am still sick but I don't want to stay away from this for too long. A lot of writers on here have a bad rep when it comes to taking breaks so I'm not going to join them...

Not gonna lie though I legit made myself laugh when I wrote the "I just happened to punt your little friend across my porch." And that didn't quite help my predicament... but it was fun to laugh!!... even though my voice sounds like I've been swallowing gravel...

Sorry if there are mistakes... my brain is foggy at the moment but I think it's going to be a while before I can think properly without rambling and most of this is probably rambling and doesn't make much sense but that is currently beyond my control... but I'm trying to get better..!

I hope you guys enjoyed this! The next chapter will maybe be out tomorrow but most likely in two days.

And whoop dee do I changed the title..!

See you soon! Bye!!!

Word count - 1,402