Chapter 5

It was a struggle having to actually listen to the teacher, to math for fuck sake, for Zayn, he was always used to either text or to play around and well, do everything in his power not to pay attention. But every time he would look at Harry he would see how he is concentrating on the lesson, how he would take notes and ask questions to challenge the teacher even, and Zayn didn't want to admit it but it was sexy, something new, Harry was smart and that was making it even harder for Zayn to understand whatever teacher was saying.

I mean he had a teacher of his own, right?

Zayn didn't know he was not looking at the blackboard anymore till the teacher called up his name, "Mr. Malik, the board is up here, that's Mr. styles you are looking at," that rose a couple of chuckles and sneaky laughs from the class, Harry turned around to look at Zayn, not knowing he was being stared at, he was how Zayn was blushing from the eyes on him.

"I- I wasn't-" Zayn wanted to defend himself, but the teacher turned around and wrote their homework on the board, Zayn had to drop his gaze, people were staring at him and he could feel the teasing remarks of his so-called friends.

Harry wanted to say something, to defend Zayn, but what could he do? This way maybe Zayn pays attention next time.

When the bell finally rang, Zayn was relived, he had already texted Louis to wait for him to go to the cafeteria together, so he didn't look behind, he flew off the class, not even one simple glance at Harry anymore, which drew a frown of the curly boy, so he ran after him and pulled his arm to stop him.

"what's the rush?" Harry asked in the middle of the hallway.

"let go, Harry, I wanna go to Louis," and Harry let go of his arm, "what's wrong Zayn?" he took his face in his hands instead.

Zayn felt angry, he backed away, "not in the public Harry," and with that, he left.

Harry had nothing to hide, it didn't make sense to Harry, one second Zayn is shamelessly staring the other second he is running away.

"what was that man?" it was Liam who witnessed everything, Harry just shook his head, "let's just go for lunch," Liam nodded not wanting to poke him more than needed, he would snap and that would turn ugly.

They were sitting on a table near the windows of the cafeteria when Harry saw him, laughing and looking carefree with his crew. Harry chuckled shaking his head, "what?" Liam asked, "just- Zayn, one second he is all over me, the other second he acts like I don't exist."

Before Liam can go all guru on him, Harry continued, "I know this is all new for him, but this is too douchey."

"that's not a word-"

"Liam!" Harry huffed, as usual, Liam didn't know how to calm Harry down, most of the time nothing worked other than Harry screaming and shouting, then he would calm down himself as nothing happened.

"Just give him some time Harry, you can't expect him to just leave his friends for you." he was right, Harry knew it, but it was something more than just that behind it.

Harry tried to eat his food without looking at Zayn's way, he tried to engage with whatever Liam was saying, but it was too hard with Zayn laughing loudly, like, he was showing how he didn't need Harry, how he was happy without him around.

It was a slap on his face honestly. Why? Like there was no need for such behavior.

Some time passed by and Harry saw a group of students came into the cafeteria, going straight to Zayn's table, he knew the group, there was a couple of girls there who slept with Zayn before, Harry didn't feel good about whatever was happening, he was about to get up to go to Zayn but Liam stopped him.