"...What are you trying to say?"

"When you were condemned," Chu He said slowly, "I also think that Zhou Hui really wanted you to die."

Maha was startled.

"That's when I hated Zhou Hui most in my life. I think he should save you, but he stood by and even blocked me from bearing the condemnation on your behalf... In a sense, he wanted to kill you Executioner. Because of this incident, my anger and hatred towards him reached an unprecedented level, and even thought of breaking up, even the snow goddess of the 33rd heaven of the year..."

Maha listened intently, but Chu He suddenly stopped.

——Even the Snow Mountain Goddess didn’t make me feel so clear and profound resentment.

But he didn't say this in front of Maha.

"But as time went on...I slowly realized that my anger towards Zhou Hui actually came from empathy and self-deception. In the hundreds of years when you were sealed in the underground grotto in H City, I It's actually you who really resent-the one who has no way to protect you and watched his child sink into the mud..."

"It's not like that at all [Zhongman] How can our Black King be so arrogant!!" Maha retorted suddenly: "It has nothing to do with you! If you weren't there since childhood--"

"That's it." Phoenix calmly interrupted him. "In the process of educating you, I made too many wrong decisions. Just because I couldn't face the child who hurt the child, I transferred all my resentment to Zhou. Hui body.'Why don't you give a helping hand to Maha? Why should you stop me from accepting the condemnation instead of Maha?'-In fact, I know in my heart that if I replace you personally from the first thunder of the condemnation, I You can't insist that the final blow will destroy the soul, and Zhou Hui's ending will not be better."

Maha remained silent for a long time.

"And Zhou Hui's decision was not wrong. Instead of choosing to sacrifice you, it is better to say that he chose to bear the cost of being resented, but also to keep me..."

Phoenix's tone paused slightly complicatedly.

"Many years ago I thought that children were the most important. You and Galuro were the most unlikely to leave each other. But as the years passed, I gradually discovered that this is actually a very selfish Thoughts. The bloodline alone has determined the supremacy of importance, and where is the sincerity and love of others?"

"In a long life, you can always find a person who has the same feelings as you. You can give him feelings for him, and you can also ask him to accompany you to the end of life with the same feelings. However, this person will not be your descendant, The child did not bear the responsibility for the excessive emotional needs of the parents, and the relative parents had no obligation to sacrifice everything for the child. Zhou Hui knew this from the beginning, but I didn’t understand it until the last moment."

"...I understand what you mean." Maha took a breath and said in a low voice: "But I still don't want to change my mind..."

He crossed his legs, slender white fingers on his ankles, his eyes fixed on the ground, his long silver hair flowing down from the side of his cheeks.

Chu He looked at him.

When Maha was still a little peacock, he was used to sitting cross-legged in this way, playing alone with his feathers in the corner.

At that time he was suffering from the pain of nightmare torment. Every day he was confused in the terrifying illusion and reality, mania, restlessness, and nervousness. Only when he was alone, he would quiet down a little bit.