CHAPTER 8: A Wolf's Soul

At the Demon Wolf's lair -

  "I can sense it. The remaining powers of the sword of the three wolves. Soon, everything will be going well according to my plan. There is no way that foolish mortal who calls herself Howling Wolf will ever defeat me! Once I get those powers, I'll become unstoppable. But Eric, oh pathetic and useless Eric, any time I give him work to do, he always fails. I sometimes feel like destroying him all at once!"

  Eric was overhearing every single word the Demon Wolf had said while hiding behind a big rock before the entrance to the cave. He became worried and thought, "Argh! Why does Howling Wolf always have to interfere in my plans? She makes it difficult for me to get that weapon. But I have no reason to be afraid; I know what I must do at this point."

He then decided to go to his store.

    Unknown to him, a green-looking creepy snake spirit was spying on him, and it followed. It knew he was up to something—something to do with getting the sword back from Howling Wolf.

At Attic Treasures, down in the basement, Eric searched through his two-century-old trunk for any item that could weaken Ella so that it would be simpler for him to seize the sword at once.

Out of the blue, the green snake spirit appeared before Eric, which scared him, almost giving him a heart attack.

        "Oh my god! Who.. or what are you, and what do you want in my store?"

"Hello Eric, an unpleasant surprise visit, I suppose? You should also know why I'm here. I am here to help you retrieve the sword of the three spirit wolves from Ella Johnson," replied the green snake spirit.

   "Well, if you must know, I don't want your help. Thank you! But if I may ask, how do you know my name, where do you come from, and why do you want to help me?"

"I am a spirit and spirits know everything."

      "Ha! I doubt it," said Eric, folding his arms.

  "Listen, this is not a joke unless you want Demon Wolf to tear you to shreds. Ah yes, that's right. You heard what he said about wiping you from existence, or have you forgotten?"

    "No! No, anything but that. So, what's the catch?"

"With my powerful venom, Ella Johnson will be weak and helpless when bitten, but it won't kill her if that is what you're expecting. At least you'll be able to complete your assignment after that, and the Demon Wolf will be pleased."

   "And what's in it for you? How will I know you're telling the truth?," asked Eric.

        "Nothing Eric. I'm just trying to help. Consider me your animal spirit guide," lied the green snake spirit. "And by the way, the name's Rex."

"Alright, I'm with you. Let's get on with it, but do not try to play games with me, okay?"

* * *

Ella's POV

  Ever since I became a superhero, fighting crime, saving lives, and all that stuff, it has not been easy, but all that was worth it for the cause. Now, I even have to face a bigger challenge: stopping the Demon Wolf from taking over the world right after I collect the remaining powers of the sword.

  I recall seeing a lone wolf coming to me after the magnificent woodland was set ablaze in my previous vision.

When I touched the wolf's forehead, I felt more powerful than ever before. It was like I had a close relationship with it, and we could also communicate with each other. Though I still find it difficult to understand what it means, especially when I am the chosen one.