CHAPTER 6: Nightmares

Ella and the rest finally reached their school, even though they were late. In the hallway, students were seen watching news on their cell phones.

  "Breaking News: Two minors from an apartment that was ablaze downtown were rescued and safe. If not for the city's new friendly hero, Howling Wolf. Though we might have the footage of this occurrence that took place as it happened."

PHONE FOOTAGE:-

News Reporter: Excuse me! Please tell us; everyone in this city, including the world, would like to know. Who are you, this mysterious hero, and what will you do next?

Howling Wolf: Well, it's time I introduce myself. Everyone! Call me- err- yes! Call me Howling Wolf! ARH-WOOOOOOOOOO!!

(Applause, loud cheering.)

"Bruh? Isn't it me, or did I just hear something amazing?" asked a male student.

    "I know, right?" replied another male student, staring at his phone.

"Howling Wolf, hmm... what a pretty interesting topic, I suppose," added a female nerd student.

  "Yeah bruh! That's why it's the coolest thing ever."

   Ella noticed some students were talking about her, but as Howling Wolf. The news topic was trending on social media all over the globe, and that made her feel popular and very happy.

During the 3rd period in her class,

  "Settle down, students! It is time for lessons to start," said Mr. Jefferson, writing on the board.

However, Ella's mind was not on what the teacher was writing. After closing her eyes slowly, she began to see a vision.

   A vision about a beautiful forest with wild animals and a sparkling waterfall. A lone wolf was seen on top of a rock. It began to howl, but it sounded sad as it didn't have a pack and Ella herself was in that vision too. But suddenly, something terrible happened.

The whole forest was on fire and Ella bent down as the lone wolf came towards her. She laid her hand on the wolf's forehead to show that it was a sign of trust and sympathy.

  Immediately after she did that, her eyes turned to wolf's and the animal wasn't a living being but a spirit. It was expected for the fire to touch and burn them, but it wasn't at all because there was a shield protecting them. When the wolf spirit went into Ella's body, she began to feel stronger, more intelligent, and braver.

   The spirit inside her started saying, "Ella Johnson, you're the chosen one! You must come to this forest with the sword of the three wolves in order to save it from the Demon Wolf. You are the only one who can stop him!"

  Then Ella asked, "But wait, how will I know where it's located? And are you part of the three spirit wolves, if I may ask?"

"That is correct, Ella, Ella..."

"ELLA!" shouted Mr. Jefferson.

  "Ah!"
That was when she was back in reality again.

"I don't believe it. Were you even concentrating at all, Miss Johnson?"

"Oh, sorry, sir. I was lost, I guess."

  "Well, Miss Johnson, let it not happen again, or you will be in detention for a week!" warned Mr. Jefferson in a harsh tone.

  During lunchtime at the cafeteria, Ray was staring at Ella for almost 2 minutes. He couldn't take his eyes off her, and he thought, "Oh well, Jones, I bet she won't want to talk to me. But let me give it one more last try. I mean, what's the worst thing that could happen?"