CHAPTER 2: Three Spirit Wolves, Unleashed (WEREWOLF TRANSFORMATION)

When Ella got home with the sword, her mind was not at rest.

"How in the world am I going to release the three spirit wolves? Does my boss really want me to release them? Why can't he do it by himself? What if this goes terribly wrong?" Ella wondered, worriedly.

  Mr. Joe wasn't at home due to his late-night shift, but Victoria was. She came back from school before her sister and was looking very tired.

"Hi cutie, how was... work?" Victoria asked with a yawn as the night caught up with her.

  "It was complicated. By the way, how are you doing?" asked Ella with a little smile.

"I'm good. I'm good." Victoria then noticed something unusual on her younger sister's face. "Hey, are you ok?"

      "Yeah, why won't I?"

"You look bummed. Come on, what's going on?"

    "Nothing, sis; I am fine. Don't worry about me, ok?"

Ella went into her room and brought out the sword. First, while holding it, she was a little bit scared and shaking. So many things were on her mind after she carefully observed the weapon.

  On the guard before the grip of the sword, there was a golden circular piece with three-headed wolves on it. Ella touched it and wasn't herself. She pressed the circle, turned it, and kept on turning it. It's like something or someone in her mind was telling her how to somehow unleash the spirit wolves.

After turning the circular piece on the guard of the sword, it started glowing, then... blackout! There was a power cut almost around the entire neighborhood.

  A deep, hollow voice said, "We are one; we have no leader; we are spirits of vengeance."

Then she became frightened, dropped the sword, and stood behind, shocked and frozen.

  The sword glowed brighter and brighter until the three spirit wolves were unleashed!

There were a few sparks on the sword afterwards.

   "Wh-who are you? Show yourself!" demanded Ella, still shaking.

"We are one; we have no leader; we are spirits of vengeance!"

   "But I asked, who are you, or are you the three spirit wolves?"

  Ella was so confused, but finally she could clearly see the spirits. They were looking for three living mortals to possess, but since they only saw one, which was Ella, in her room, they said, "Those who see us shall be wild; those who see us shall be wild!"

The three spirit wolves came together and went into Ella's whole body. She screamed so loudly that Victoria even noticed it from her room while reading. Minutes later, Ella began to transform into the beast of the night.

  Hair sprouted all over her body, her normal hands got mangled, and her skin started to peel away like a banana. They were replaced with the large, hairy, dangerously clawed hands of a beast.

Whatever color her eyes were before, that was about to change—and it's not just the iris that changed; her pupil changed too. Her eyes were now stripped of all humanity and replaced with the eyes of a hunter.

  On a wall in Ella's room, her shadow showed that her bones snapped into new positions, molding themselves into a new werewolf shape, which is usually a lot taller and broader than a human and somewhat slouched.

  Her ears stretched up out of the side of her head like Laffy Taffy, and as the transformation process neared its completion, Ella's face pushed forward and splinted away as a snout formed. Her jaw dislodges to make room for a massive, deadly maw. It's as if someone just grabbed her face and yanked a new one straight out. Her teeth emerged then... her transformation into a devouring beast was complete. She was ready to prowl.

    "What's going on in her room? Should I check or...?"  Victoria considered it, but she decided not to because she was too lazy to move.

Ella, in her wolf form, jumped through the glass of the window, leaving it shattered, and howled that night. At the end, she killed and ate the lifeless corpse of a rabbit.