CHAPTER 6: Nightmares

Start from the beginning

So he walked up to her and greeted her, "Hi pretty, how's it going?"

    "What is it, Ray, or whatever your name is? Just leave me alone, alright?"

"Okay, look, I don't know why you are trying to avoid me. It's not that I'm dangerous or disgusting, but just hear me out at least once, please."

Ella has a history of having scopophobia (fear of being stared at). And she hates it, especially when she has already noticed that Ray has been doing so.

  Ella would not want to be friends with such a person, but she didn't want to offend him, so she thought of it for a while and decided to have a little chit-chat with him. But she wasn't going to take it easy.

"Fine, what do you want?"

   "I just want to be friends with you, you know?" replied Ray, smirking.

"And?"

   "And some other things, I guess. Wow! I'm short of words."

  Ella laughs in a snickering way and replies, "Sorry, but I don't make friends with boys like you, and secondly, you don't force people to do that. It isn't right?"

"I know, I know, but I'm not forcing anyone to be friends with me. It's just that... I didn't have any since my former school, and I kind of feel lonely. You see, I don't have a sibling to play with."

  "And that's none of my business, Ray Jones."

"Well, no probs. So, when will I see you again?" asked Ray, folding his arms. It seems he wasn't going to give up on Ella yet.

   "Never! That's all."

"Come on, Ella, please? Let's get to know each other well. What about we'll meet at the park tomorrow at 6pm sharp?"

  "Don't you have other things to do? You know what? Ok, that sounds like a date, then. I'll be there, I promise." Ella puts a fake smile on her face. Surprisingly, she decided that she would hang out with Ray by the next day, but unknowingly to him, she wasn't going to do it.

   "Wait, you really mean that? Like seriously?"

"Yeah, yeah, now go before I change my mind."

    "Great! Remember, be there," said Ray, who left happily. "Yes! Yes! Yes! She even said it's a date."

Almost near where Ella was sitting, Kate popped out of a trash bin and was covered with filth.

  "Eww, why did I even bother myself with hiding in a trash can? Now, where was I? Oh yes! I overheard your heart-to-heart talk with that new, hot boy. Rawrr!"

   "You did what?!"

Ella then noticed everyone in the cafeteria was looking at her. Therefore, not to make it more embarrassing, she went closer and whispered to Kate, "And if I may ask, how's it heart-to-heart?"

  "You're asking me, Ella? It is nothing to be ashamed of, but I don't believe you're actually going on a date with Ray Jones. Oh my gosh! You know, you're a lucky girl, and I can't wait to pick you a perfect outfit that will suit you well."

   "Thanks, Kate, but I'm not really going. That's one and two; why should I? He isn't that cute. Moreso, not my type."

Kate gasped in shock, as that wasn't the reply she expected. "What? Are you trying to say you'll disappoint him by not going on that date, even when he would be expecting you?"

  Ella did not mind her friend. She was just enjoying the meal her father made with love, which was chicken meatballs with mushrooms.

"I think that's a bad idea you're about to commit."