~The High School Life~

This connects to the Enjoy It chapter. Where this story is a disconnection from everything I've written so far.

---- hey, maybe this'll remind you of what High School is like too---

Baltimore just finished running track. Working up quite a sweat. Breathing pretty heavily. The boys on the other sports team all hollered and whistled at her, something she's gotten use to by now. It can be helped that you could see Baltimore's black bra through her white shirt.

Baltimore: " ok guys..." speaking to some of the boys after school. Everyone knew Baltimore, she was the athletic star of this school. She'd already receive a scholarships to the best colleges. But the truth is... she wanted to join the military. She wanted to be in the navy. A marine. But her parents (who are regular human people) would never allow that, (ps. Baltimore was a baby inside a blue cardboard box delivered to their doorstep). But Baltimore decided after high school she was gonna do it and not tell her parents, she only told Alabama about it her closest friend, to which Alabama said she'd join her. Because Alabama actually wanted to join the military ever since she turned 16 but her parents (who also found her inside a blue cardboard box as a baby) didn't want her to go, refusing to sign that permission slip at the time. Even when Alabama was 17 she wanted to join but her parents stopped her, begging her to finish High School at least before she got herself killed. And was always against her doing this.

Alabama was 18 now, and she planned to go right after she got her diploma.

Her parents truly wanted to see Alabama grow up, get married to a nice man and have kids but... Alabama didn't want that. And Alabama found herself attracted to girls too much but never admitted it to her parents. Because it wasn't accepted. She had a lot of brothers (not related by blood) who joined the military and her parents (no biological) never seemed against it which Alabama always complained why they get to go and she didn't.

Admitting that she ain't that smart and the only thing she's really good for is physical labor.

Even though Baltimore told Alabama that ain't true but she didn't believe her. Telling Baltimore " look, people like me don't get things people like you do. So I just do what I do best. Anyway I wanna be witchu." (This sentence has a much deeper in depth tone, if you can tell what Alabama is saying about race/skin color and its advantages or disadvantages in life it can give you.)

Even though Alabamas family loves her dearly, they work her like a cow on the farm they own, where she's always doing hard physical labor there. Like it's never a break, after school she's on the farm life 24/7 until the rooster crows.

One time Alabama invited Baltimore over to her house. Since they had summer break. And Baltimore really enjoyed her time with her. Alabama showed Baltimore the ropes of how to plant crops, pick cotton, milk cows, take the chickens eggs, feed the barn animals, and well Alabama did the hard farm labor stuff because their cow had died when she was 12 and she had to be the one to plow through that farm land. But by the time she learned to walk she was doing hard laborious farm work. To be honest Alabama didn't mind she was happy she could help her parents, cause apparently she was the only source of income that kept the farm going. Her mom was too ill to do farm work and her father was a good for nothing mean drunk who just didn't farm. He let Alabama do all the work. All their sons did farm but they left them and never looked back apparently never sent them a dime.

Alabamas father questioned " why is there a white girl on my farm?!" Holding a shotgun towards her, scaring Baltimore a bit. Alabama went in front of Baltimore to shield her saying " she my friend daddy. She be helpin me on the farm." Making her father say " wha-?! Friend?! Ha! Don't make me laugh girl! White folks ain't our friend! And you don't need a white girls help!" Making Alabama say " help is help! And you ain't given me none since the day I could walk!" Making her father become upset wanting to beat up Alabama but Alabama had become too strong now... so he couldn't. Because the last time he tried to beat her up he lost. And lost pretty badly where she actually beat him up. But than her mother beat up Alabama for beating up her father to which Alabama never fought back against her mama. So he just shut up and grumbled. Not wanting to shoot his own source of hard working income. Watching them closely, and saw that Baltimore actually did help Alabama on the farm doing farm work so than he just fell asleep on the rocking chair.