"You wish you were an inhabitant of planet Layla. Yeah. Stick that flag in the crevices of my land. Grow trees and prosper. Let the trees bear fruits. Bring animals. Two of each."

"What the flying fuck. Did you take something else? Are you on drugs?"

"I could be on drugs. But no, this is just me. I'm socially awkward, yet full of amazing thoughts."

I get tired of looking at the road, so I turn my attention to something more pleasant.

This pleasant sight is a delight. That's a repetitive sentence. But it's worth it.

So anyway, imagine if instead of one Lucas, we had two of him. Two Lucases.

I'd probably die. Or they'd kill each other. But, you never know until you know.

He's staring at me in a really pissed off way. "Yes? Did you say something?" I ask.

He is fuming. I put my hand over my heart. "I'm so sorry. I was thinking of something very important and didn't hear a word you said."

Lucas turns his gorgeous face back at the road, chanting. "She's drunk, she's drunk, she's drunk she's dru-"

"I am not that drunk." I comfort him. "I can read you a book right now. Give me an equation."

"What's six times six?"

"Thirty-six."

"Eight times seven."

"Ok, I wouldn't even know that if I was sober."

"Layla." He growls, forearms flexing. "You make me want to drive this car into a wall. Just shut up."

"So we can live together in the afterlife?"

"No, so you can join your cousin Satan and leave me alone."

"Aw, you think I'm devilish?"

"In the worst kind of way."

"Don't lie to yourself, Lucas. You love it."

He rubs his face aggressively. It makes me frown. Poor face.

"Anyway, you seem really upset. So I sincerely want to apologize for making you uncomfortable. I shouldn't have said what I said." I offer, waving a white flag.

He gives me a skeptical look. I try to keep a straight face to assure him. He looks back at the road. Probably a good idea. We don't want to die tonight.

"I'm sorry." I repeat. Guilt is starting to creep in with him being so silent and me not having any distractions. It's like a tornado of fear and shame and worthlessness. Spinning and expanding from my chest, spreading through my body.

I gulp, closing my eyes. Taking deep breaths, fidgeting with my hands. My spine aches. Abdomen nauseous. Head feels like it's wrapped in a tight band.

"Are you going to throw up?" I hear Lucas ask.

I shake my head. Actually I just want to sleep. Alone. I want to be alone. Just like I'm meant to be.

"Then what is it?" He continues.

"Nothing, Lucas. I'm just having dirty thoughts about you."

"A-are you serious?"

Since when did Lucas become so easy to fluster? I keep winning today.

"I'm imagining two of you. Two tall Lucases. One is like a bad boy. All black. Leather jacket. Kinky smile. Then, then we got the sweet boy next door who needs to be exploited. Then, one fine evening, when I'm in a silky robe and my toenails are freshly painted, Lucases knock on the door. No, they barge in! They break the door down. Then... then they take their shirts off and go into battle. Fighting who's going to get me first. There will be blood. There will be grunts. I will cheer. I will cry. Tears of joy and hotness. Then when the two of you are on the floor, about to die, I will get up and slowly sway my hips to the bedroom, then look over my shoulder and say... 'I'll take the two of you.'"

Silence.

I open my eyes to check.

His mouth is parted. Eyes a little wide. He turns his head back at the traffic, tearing his hand through his hair.

"By the way, when I become your boss. I want you to forget about all this. Think of it as once in a lifetime opportunity to see the real Layla before I go back to being my bitch self."

"You're not a bitch." He says quietly.

It makes my heart swell that he thinks I'm not a bitch. "Thank you. But honestly, I am. I mean, look at what just happened. And here I am joking about it. I'm a monster."

"I know that." He looks at me and rolls his eyes. "But you're not a bitch. You are just... lost a little."

"And you are very nice."

His lips pull up wryly, he shakes his head. I want to see him smile bigger.

"You and Lucas number two are both very nice."

Yay, it worked. He's smirking now. "And you are so drunk."

"On you guys."

He bites his lip, smiling. "Man, am I going to torture you about this later. I can't wait."

"Torture me, baby."

He laughs. It's a mixture of disbelief and amusement. And I'm so there for it.

"I think I'm really lucky to feel this comfortable around you, Lucas." I smile, closing my eyes again. "Thank you... for letting me."

He chuckles softly, voice smooth and husky. "You're welcome."

~A/N~

I wasn't going to write until Monday, but fucking Layla would not get out of my head! Alright, have a great weekend everyone. Vote for Layla to recover from this hangover <3