Epilogue

It was July of 1909. Ten years had gone by since the strike. Four children were playing in the street in front of an apartment building. The oldest boy had dark brown hair, hazel eyes, and looked like a carbon copy of his father. The oldest girl had long brown hair and blue eyes like her father, but had inherited her mother's beautiful looks. The youngest girl had long light brown hair like her mother, hazel eyes like her father, her mother's nose, and her father's smile. The youngest boy had curly hair just like his father, had his mother's hazel eyes and auburn hair, and had his father's nose and smile.

"Michael! I want a piggyback ride," a five year old girl said.
"Okay, okay. If Mama and Dad get mad at me for giving you a piggy back ride, don't get upset if I have to put you down, Lottie," the eight year old boy said before letting his younger sister get on his back.

"Annie, I want a piggyback ride like Lottie too," a four year old boy said.
"Alright. Just hold on tight, Ollie," the eight year old girl said as she got down to her younger brother's level and let him get on her back.
"Okay," the four year old boy said.

Then, two women walked outside onto the steps of the apartment building.

"Kelly children and Jacobs children! It's time for lunch," one of women said.
"We're coming, Mama," Michael said as he carefully got down and let his sister get off of his back as Annie did the same for her brother.

The two women and the four children headed up to an apartment and went inside.

"The four of you need to wash up before you eat since you've been playing outside for a couple of hours," the other woman said.
"Okay, Mom," Annie said.

After the two families ate lunch, the four children went back to playing in the street that was in front of the apartment building and their parents sat on the steps of the apartment building.

"It's hard for me to believe how close our kids are," a man with curly hair said.
"It's not that hard to believe, Davey. We've remained close over the past ten years," a woman with long light brown hair said.
"I suppose you're right, Pips," he said.

"Look at us. We're all successful adults now. Dave, you're a businessman, Kath, you're an amazin' reporter for the Sun, Pip, you're changin' kids' lives as a school teacher, and I'm an illustrator for the World," a man said.
"We're still those kids we were ten years ago at heart. That's for sure, Jack," the woman with auburn hair said.

"Kath, when are you and Davey having another baby," Philippa asked as she put a hand on her slightly swollen stomach.
"Whenever Davey's parents are available to watch Annie and Ollie for a night or two," she answered.

"I never would have thought of havin' a life like this before the strike. Now, I realize that this was what I needed all along. My beautiful wife by my side, two wonderful children and one on the way, a nice apartment, a good job, and great friends that are more like family. This is my perfect dream. My Santa Fe," Jack said.
"Aww. That was sweet, Cowboy," Philippa said before kissing her husband's cheek.
"You missed a spot, Pip," Jack said with a smirk while pointing to his lips.
"Of course, I did," she said with a sigh before kissing Jack.
"Yep. Life can't get better than this," Jack said.
"I couldn't agree more," Philippa said as she laid her head on her husband's shoulder.

A/N: You have reached the end of the story! I hope you enjoyed it.