Chapter 11:Loony Pete and Faulty Toupees

Start from the beginning

Okay, hold my balls.

What?

Pregnant?

Holy Poo on a shtick. I have had enough of this city already. 

  "Do I look like a pregnant lady, Son of a monkey! You daft condescending id-" , I started just as the bus rolled to the next stop and the crazy sons of guns hopped out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry, the security guard on the 57th floor gazed at me impassively as I approached the elevators. But anyone who had an eye for this thing could see how excited he was to see me. Evil man.

"Sorry mam. The elevators are still out of order. You will have to take the stairs."

"Not again mannnnnnnnnn", I whined loudly.

"I am afraid Mam it is out of my control."

"Look, I will bring you donuts on my lunch break. I swear. I am already having a bad day dude. No one has to ever know. Come on." I said as I tried to bribe him into letting me use the elevator.

"Orders are orders, Mam.", he shrugged as if apologizing but I recognized the evil gleeful glint in his eyes.

"Come on mannn. I am sorry, okay? I didn't know your toupee was so prone to fire. Okay? It is not as if it was entirely my fault, right?"

The intercom buzzed , interrupting my attempt to persuade Henry. I crossed my arms and waited for him to finish his conversation, tapping my feet impatiently.

Yes, you deduced it correctly.

Aiden's version of hell was making me climb more than 30 floors using stairs and I would be lying if I said that I hadn't reached my breaking point. 

Every now and then, his arrogant high and mightiness decides the elevators are out of order for me and mamma mia, it's cardio time for Siona Crystalline.

What is more frustrating is the fact that he didn't even try to hide his concocted scheme  to make me miserable.

 Oh no, not he!

His plan was so obvious, so blatant, so transparent, that it was almost a disguised insult to me. Everyone with eyes could see it. So now, everyone in the office knew that Aiden had some sort of grudge against me and most of my coworkers avoided me like I was the plague and being in my presence would make them incur wrath of the Richie Dick.

One day, Aiden arrived at the same time as me and I watched helplessly, fuming inside ,as he stepped onto the elevator without even sparing me a glance, the same elevator Henry vehemently denied  as being perfectly in order. It was such a thinly veiled insult that I had to exercise all of my will power to stop myself from barging in and smashing his office into bits after I made the harrowing trek up 30 floors.

"Miss Crystalline, Sir asked me to tell you to stop lingering and bring him the files on Raider Industries."

Uggh. Today was just not my lucky day. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Si, are you okay? You  look like you just came out of a sauna. You are sweating like a pig, no offence.", asked the sweetest man in this office.

Liam Holt works with me on 91st floor, his office somewhere in the direction of mass jungle of cubicles on the other side of the wall that separates the CEO's office from others on this floor. Every time, I emerge from the stairwell on their side, I apparently step into his view. So, one day he approached me and the rest is history. We eat lunch everyday together during our break and became fast friends due to our shared love for Indian cuisine.