thirteen

Seattle, Washington

"Call when it's done."

Rayn reads the text one more time before locking her phone and placing it down on the table in her living room. Her nerves were setting in the longer she waited for the man she loved to show up to her home. The more minutes that ticked by the more she went back and forth with what she wanted to do.

Thinking maybe her and Jason could just run away and start a new life together. That was if she could convince Jason to drop this ridiculous plan he had with Kane. She had tried and failed to get him to change her mind leaving her no choice but to get rid of him like Adonis had asked her to do.

"Baby, where you at?" Jason ask as he steps inside her home.

"In the living room." Rayn replies trying to sound as enthusiastic as she could.

Jason rounds the corner and smiles at her before sitting down. The two kiss and he sits back getting comfortble in his seat.

"What's on your mind? You look like you wanna talk about something."

"I do actually." Rayn responds. "I wanna talk about this whole thing you and Kane have going on with my brother again."

"I don't wanna talk about that shit again."

"Baby just.... hear me out please."

"I alrwady heard what you gotta say. I said I'm not changing my mind your brother needs to pay for the shit he did."

"This ain't the way to do it... you don't know Adonis and his people." Rayn pleads.

"I don't give a fuck about his people! I ain't scared of that nigga like I keep telling you. If we gone keep having this conversation ima have to put you in yo fucking place."

Rayn pauses and looks over at Jason again.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"What I said!" He shouts. "I'm getting sick of your mouth."

"Wow. You must have lost yo mind."

"I think I'm good actually. I want to be respected and you as my woman are gonna start giving it to me." Jason speaks as he stands and hovers over Rayn.

He brings his hand back and slaps Rayn across the face. Rayn places her hand on her cheek. She pauses and looks up at Jason who was looking at her with disgust written all over his face.

"Why can't you be more like Ana? I never see her give your brother all that lip all the time..." he whispers mostly to himself."

"Y-you don't even know.... the things Adonis does to Ana." She whispers as she stands from her seat. Slowly she moves away from her toward the chair sitting not far from the couch.

"Oh I know... I know what he does shit is working. Maybe it's time I start to do it to you." He replies with a sinister smile on his face.

Rayn shakes her head and reaches for the gun behind the pillow. She cocks it and points it directly between his eyes. The thoughts of letting him leave had all left the moment he put his hands on her. She wasn't Ana, she wasn't going to tolerate any of that shit.

"Knew this was a fucking set up. How long you been planning on killing me?"

"I've been debating since I got back for Ayden's birthday. I wasn't going to but you decided to put your hands on me and I can't have that."

"I should've known you wasn't shit."

"Whatever Jason."

Before he can speak again Rayn stops hesitating and pulls the trigger. His body falls to the floor and she breaks down in tears. She was beginning to feel as though she would never be able to have true love and happiness as long as Adonis was in the picture.