Omega

I wanted to try something different, less Percabeth but still about them. Let me know if you like it!

Happy reading!!

Beck

My Grandma had always told me stories of how she battled laistrygonians and harpies, but in the end she was put in a mental hospital. No one believed her. I always held out a bit of hope that she was telling the truth, but in the end I gave up. 

That is until, the Sayter showed up at my house and told me that we were going to run. I was thirteen. I made no objections and took off into the dark street. After around an hour of running into the nothingness, we met a dead end. Turning around, my head felt like it was splitting in two. 

On one hand, I was seeing a large fuzzy man, and on the other hand, stood infront of me was a huge dog. 

"A werewolf," I said. From Greek lessons, I recalled the myth of Lycaon. The man who supposedly tried to trick Zeus into eating human flesh, and Zeus turned him and his sons into wolves. 

"Run!" The sayter yelled at me. I blinked in shock, "When you see an Omega on a door, you knock on it," He shouted, already charging at the beast. Hurriedly, I followed him into the fight, but he kicked me backwards. 

"Go, now!" Deciding that I didn't want to be kicked by a sayter again, I decided to take off running down the road. 

I don't know how long I was running for, but near the end, my vision started to tunnel. My breath became shorter and more shallow. I thought I was going to die. That's when I saw the Omega. It was a huge house, with Greek arches and columns lining the front. I knew this had to be one of the houses my sayter had told me about. 

I dragged my legs toward the door, and knocked weakly, hoping that anyone inside would hear it and come to my rescue. That's when I collapsed. My eyes closed and I heard the faint clicking of a lock and the door open. 

________________________________________________

"Okay, we're going to scout for more of them, you help him wake up," An unfamiliar voice said, 

"Okay, are you and dad going?" Another voice replied. 

"Yes," The first one replied, "The ambrosia is in the cabinet," 

I srunched my already closed eyes. Was I alive? Yes, I was definitely alive. I hadn't been injured in anyway, now I thought about it, I had just collapsed. I was fine. Someone was giving me ambrosia - the food of the Gods, I think. 

I blinked and opened my eyes. I wiggled my fingers, and then my toes. Looking around, I was in a large room. It was painted a white and black, with a deep grey carpet. I was laying in an unbelievably soft mattress, in a bed of pure white sheets. 

"You're awake," Someone said. As quickly as I could - around snail's pace - I turned my head to where the sound was coming from. Standing across from me was a girl. She looked about twelve years old. She had curly black hair and grey eyes, that almost seemed silver in the light from the arched window. 

"Where am I?" I asked, my words slightly slurred, "What happened?" 

The girls grimaced, "You hit you're head on the door when you collapsed. You're at my house. We're going to Camp half blood  tomorrow, so we'll take you then," 

If my head didn't hurt before, it did now, 

"Excuse me?" I asked, my voice cracking. The girl blinked, 

"Do you know what you are?" She asked me slowly. I frowned, 

"Well, I was picked up by a Sayter and we were going to fight a werewolf. Unless that was a dream... Am I a Demi-God?" 

The girl smiled. Something in the back of my head swooned. She was cute when she did that. Suddenly, the door swung open, making me jump. Stood in the doorway was a woman. She looked exactly the same as the girl, but her hair was a light and golden blonde. 

"You're awake," She said. Her voice was soft an kind, but her eyes were nothing short of intimidating. She leaned against the doorway and pulled out a strange looking phone. It was bronze and thin, with a black pegasus on the back. 

She turned around as she talked on the phone. Meanwhile, two boys ran past, with a man following them with a baby in his arms, 

"That's my dad and my brothers. And that's my sister," The girl giggled. I smiled at her laugh as it rang around my room, "They're kinda a big deal at CBH - that's camp half-blood," She explained when she saw my confused expression. I nodded and cleared my throat, 

"I, er, I never actually caught your name," The girl looked at me, 

"Selina," She smiled, 

"I'm Beck," 

Selina and Beck. It had a nice ring to it, I think.