Chapter 7 (Wei Zong and Ching er)

Start from the beginning

However, the crown prince Zhan Yuan is a man who loves power and can be known as cunning. this is probably the traits of the mother and his grandfather Zhou Dang, the Prime Minister. Zhan Yuan is an average looking man with not too big pair of eyes and a button nose. Thus, he is always jealous of his step brother Zhan Xian looks and he hates him to the bones. Zhan Yuan is good in marital arts although there has never been a chance for him to challenge his step brother Zhan Xian but it is well spread that he cannot beat his step brother Zhan Xian because Zhan Xian has a very highly skilled marital artist teacher that had taught him a lot of secret Qi and marital art techniques. Another Wei Zong's son bored by the empress is Zhan Tong who is a womanizer and has a messed up life, who only enjoys all the wealth and privileges of being a prince but he is a sweet talker and has won the hearts of his empress mother. The children age of Wei Zong are as follows

Empress sons : Zhan Yuan (twenty-five years old)

Zhan Tong (twenty-three years old)

Ching er's children : Zhan Xian (twenty years old)

Zhan Ang (fifteen years old)

Adopted daughter : Ming Ming (eighteen years old), daughter of the Emperor's dead sister

When Wei Zong had his first child, he was truly happy, being young and not knowing much about love, he always thought that marrying and having children is a naturally process and love is something like intimacy that leads to babies and if both of them doesn't hates it and so this is maybe love. Living in the palace where he has been warned many times of people trying to kill him or poison him. He even have several poisoning and assassination attempts but he fortunately survived all of these. Trust has always been an issue in his life. He doesn't trust anyone including his own empress Mother. While eating with his empress or concubines, he will test all the food and every mouth he ate has to be tested. He had live his life like these until he had two children Zhan yuan and Zhan Tong. He loves his children as a normal father loves their children because they were born out of his own bloodline as well.

Everything chances when Ching er comes into his life. Ching er opens up another Pandora box for him about love. He was at first very cautious but he loves her at first sight. His heart beats for her at first sight too. But the trust issue overwhelmed him too much as well.

Thus, when Ching er eats with him, Ching er told him that it should be just both of them. She will eat every mouth of food before passing it to him. Ching er will be the taster and if there is poison then Ching er will die first. Ching er comes from a different background than the rich and wealthy or even political families. She doesn't care too much about power but only craves for family life and love. Thus, when the Emperor married her as concubine, she just agrees without even making a sound. The only thing, she told the Emperor is if he loves her than please reframe for going to another woman. If the Wei Zong insists than because he is an Emperor than every woman he goes to, he will have to wait one year to be with her. She told the emperor that it take 365 days to cleanse himself before he can come to her. To her, she believes that this is like the Emperor having a separation or the model divorce than he is ready to move on to another woman. Ching er doesn't want to be ONE of the woman which is not true love. She is willing to be a servant and not marry anyone than to be with a man with many women.

Wei Zong has been brought up with authority and power, thus in the beginning this kind of request from a woman or his concubine is so laughable. However, as he listen to Ching er with her beautiful eyes expression and also the twist of her peach mouth telling him all about what her father upbringing is and she needs to stick to it.