O N E

Hearing the sound of my stepmom and dad arguing was not something I had yet grew accustomed to. They had always seem like the perfect couple. Perfect house. Perfect daughter. Perfect life. Until I had came along.

It wasn't my choice to live with dad for the last 3 years of high school, but my mom said that my dad wanted to be my life after abandoning my mother a little before I was born for a white woman he had been cheating on my mother with since the beginning of their relationship.

So no I didn't want to spend the rest of my high school days with lying, cheating bastard but hey it is what it is. I groan slightly trying to cover my ears so i could ignore their yelling seeing as I had to get up for the first day at my new school early tomorrow morning.

"Why the hell would you bring her in our home?", I heard my stepmother, Loretta, yell at my father.

"She's my damn daughter! Why can't I bring her in our home? I haven't been in her life for the past 15 years and I at least want to start now!", my dad argued back. I rolled my eyes at his statement. Exactly you decided to abandon my mother and I for a white woman why do you want to be in my life now?

I close my eyes tightly and force my eyes to go to sleep seeing that this wasn't going to end any time soon.

———————————————————-

When I wake up to my alarm the next morning, I cam feel my stomach slightly churning knowing that I will have to face new people, new teachers and a new school.

I get up and head to my giant walk-in closet filled with an abundance of clothes, shoes and accessories. I have to admit, my dad was hella rich but it also disgusted see that my mother and I was left struggling with her working three jobs just to be able to pay bills and feed me while he was here in his giant house with his perfect family.

Shaking my head from the thought, I take out a t-shirt dress with the face of Tupac on it and some Victoria's Secret PINK undergarments, I walked to the bathroom connected to my room and turn my shower on and take a 20 minute shower.

After getting out, I rub my body in my cocoa butter lotion, put some deodorant and my outfit. I brush my teeth not too long afterwards and then to begin to my hair in which I had in shoulder length butterfly locs with little charms it. I put half of it in a little ponytail and do my edges. I brush my teeth when I'm done.

I spritz my signature A Thousand Wishes body mist on my body before checking the time. It was 6:45am and I had to be outside waiting for the bus by 7:15. Ok so maybe taking a 30 minute shower wasn't a good idea..

I rush putting on my white shin-length Nike Socks before putting on my on white Airforce 1s. I grab my backpack to head downstairs where I dreaded looking at the faces of my "family."

I hear the three of them talking in hushed whispers before I make it downstairs before Loretta starts fake smiling at me.

"Hey Mars, how did you sleep last night.", she says in a sickly sweet tone and I roll my eyes knowing that she said my name wrong on purpose.

Matching her attitude and smile back at her say, "Oh hey Lorax, actually my name is Pluto and I would've slept pretty nice if you and Kareem learned to keep your voices down."

I hear my dad cough and say, "Morning Pluto why don't we sit down a have a nice breakfast together."

I then hear my half-sister, Ny'Asia, come down talking loudly on the phone with who I guessed to be one of her friends on the phone.

"Hey Mommy and Daddy!", she kisses her mother and father on the cheek, completely ignoring me, not that I cared. Even though my parents were together a couple years before I was conceived, Ny'Asia was still 2 years older than me. The thought that my so-called father had been cheating on my mother even before she had me was disgusting.

"Daddy can I get $300 so I can shopping with my friends later on?", she said making puppy dog eyes at Kareem. I roll my eyes at how spoiled this girl was. He goes into pocket bringing out his wallet before counting some money out before giving it to her.

She kisses him on the cheek after squealing, "Thank you Daddy!", and runs out the door.

"Well I have to go catch the bus, I'll just eat school.", I say grabbing my bag.

"Ok baby, I love you, have a good day.", he says and I nod my at him not even replying. I go to the bus stop and stand with the other kids.

'I know this is going to be a long day.', I think to myself with a long sigh.