chapter forty-one.

Lilith.

"Umbitch is in her office, which means we are going to have to go through the classroom, up those stairs, and open the door just enough to spray this shit in, and then we get out. It doesn't matter how far away we get, not until she starts to come after us. When she comes after us, we run, and we don't stop running until we're either hidden or far enough away from her that she won't actually suspect anything."

"Damn, Lil, you really thought this through," George says, shaking his head as we walk up the stairs to get to Umbridge's classroom.

"Some of the shit Pucey blabs about is boring. I was scheming."

"You're mind is everywhere," Fred chuckles.

"The wandering of the mind is a dangerous but beautiful thing."

"You sound so insane, and I love it," George says from next to me.

I smile at him as we get to the door of the Defense classroom. I put my finger to my lips and slowly open the door. Luckily, it doesn't creak or make any noise. "Who wants to do the honors?" I whisper, looking back at the three of them.

"George," Fred says, nodding to his brother. George nods, so I do too.

We continue into the classroom as quietly as possible, trying not to trip over anything. Once we get to the stairs, we have to crouch down. I go first, then George, then Riddle, then Fred.

I crouch lower when I get to the doorknob. I know the door is locked. Every time I come in here for detention, I hear her unlocking the door before she opens it and lets me in. My fingers feel around in my hair for a bobby pin. Once I find it, I take it out and bend it with my teeth.

"What are you doing?" Fred whispers, furrowing his brows.

"Picking the lock," I whisper back quieter than him because apparently none of them know how to whisper. But they're the Weasley twins, so it's fine. Riddle on the other hand...

I feel around with the bobby pin until I hear a click. I turn to them and smirk, putting my hand on the doorknob. I hand George the bottle. "Three sprays should do it," I whisper, opening the door slightly and as quietly as possible.

George takes the bottle and puts it to the opening in the door. I can hear her tapping her nails against the desk. He takes the cap off and presses down three times. The potion sprays into the room, and he puts the cap back on quietly as I shut the door slowly.

I hear sniffing and start to wave the boys away. "Go, go, go," I whisper. Still crouching down, we start down the stairs quickly, walking just as quickly out of the classroom. We press our backs against the wall right outside the door, trying not to make a sound.

When we hear a strangled scream, we start waving each other to run. "Run, run, run," we all say quietly, trying not to laugh. We start running down the corridor, turning the corner right as we hear the classroom door open.

The corridor is too long to be able to turn another corner before she gets to this corridor and sees us.

We didn't plan this well enough.

"Broom closets," George whispers as Fred pushes Riddle and I to a broom closet. They run to another closet not far away, opening the door and closing it as soon as they go in. I can hear her wheezing, and I have to struggle to not laugh.

I grab Riddle's wrist when I hear her footsteps getting closer. I shove open the door and pull him into the closet, closing the door and locking it. I rest my back against the door and try to slow down my breathing. I'm trying to fight off a laugh. Why I want to laugh? I don't know, maybe because she's getting what she deserves.

I run my hands through my hair, and lean my head back against the door.

There's a window, and the moon is shining through it. I don't realize that Riddle is watching me until I see the moon light shining on him.

It reflects off his hair, making the shade of it more visible than I have ever realized. The light gives his skin a glow that shouldn't look as beautifully natural as it does. His eyes have a glint in them, and it's amazingly beautiful.

I don't think I ever realized how beautiful he is.

Holy fuck.

Oh shit.

Oh shit

Oh shit.

Oh.

Fuck.