chapter twenty-six.

(a/n: just saying the outfit in this one is like a genderbend of klaus hargreeves' one outfit. i have said what i said.)

Lilith.

Did Riddle and I get paired together in Divination to write an essay on what the stars from last night will predict what will happen tonight? Yes, yes we did.

And am I forcing him to write it? Indeed I am.

Draco and Blaise are debating about if acid pops or fudge flies are better. They've been on the topic since breakfast. I'm about to throw something at them and tell them to shut the fuck up.

Riddle is sitting on the couch next to me, leaning over the table. He's annoyed that I forced him to write it and work in the common room, even though like no one is here.

I'm sitting upside down on the couch, my legs on the back cushion.

Parkinson still won't talk to me. She's tried talking to Draco, but he hardly talks to her. Blaise has flipped her off on multiple occasions. Riddle rolls his eyes at her. And I've shouted "take a goddam picture, it'll last longer" whenever she and the other girls stare at us.

A guy breaks up with you, and one of your best friends ditched you because of that. Good to know.

"Why isn't there bras for your ass?" Blaise asks.

Riddle looks up at him through his brows and shakes his head. I try to stifle a laugh as Blaise looks like he's actually thinking about it.

Draco shakes his head and rolls his eyes. "Blaise, what the actual fuck?"

Blaise shrugs. "No, I genuinely want to know."

"Maybe because your ass doesn't have nipples," I say. "And there's something called underwear, you dumb wrench."

"Oh, there is," Blaise says. After some silence, Blaise huffs. "Someone say something. I don't want to get in an argument with Draco about candy again."

"I'm right!" Draco says loudly, pointing at Blaise.

"Fine," I say. "What's the easiest way to steal a man's wallet?"

"Knife to the throat?" Blaise asks.

"Wand to the back?" Draco asks.

Blaise snaps his fingers. "Poison his cup!"

"You should all be put in a mental hospital," Riddle says, shaking his head.

"Look who's talking." He glares at me and I put my arms up in surrender. "You tell him you're stealing his watch."

"Do you people just randomly think about these things?" Riddle asks, putting his quill down.

"Indeed," I say.

"Yeah," Draco says.

"All the time really," Blaise agrees.

"Guys, did Dad ever ban playing with the fireplace, or did he just say we couldn't do it?" I ask, grabbing my wand from my boot and spinning it around my fingers.

"I think he said he advised us not to," Blaise says, grabbing a playing card and messing with it.

I shrug and move my wand, starting to drive some of the fire out from the fireplace. It moves around above us, spinning and making shapes.

"What did I tell you about playing with that fire?"

"Lord Farquaad on a dragon!" I say, jumping slightly at my dad standing next to me.